[Pending] Live commercial skip detection (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So if I have got this right it will only work on recorded tv, not paused tv? If not, what the reasons it won't work?

Because it isn't looking at the timeshift file. There are generally multiple timeshift files, with sizes that can be configured by the user. These are created and deleted as needed. It is almost certain that advert breaks will span timeshift files.

I'm not an expert, but I think it is fair to say that is would be almost impossible to get comskip working with paused live TV.

But of course as a workaround, record the program and watch it from the recording, even if you are watching it live.

Also is possible to get the binaries so I don't have to download and compile the whole lot? Eagerly awaiting progress on this. Thank you for your efforts

This will make it into area 51 pretty soon.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have big issue with this branch :
    I have big delay about channel switching and sometimes channel 1 act like it was tuned but nothing on screen, tuning channel 2 and here i get the channel 1 displayed and so on.
    Or when changing channel, channel 1 works -> change to channel 2 and i get timishift of channel 1 for 10 or 20 secs.

I need to supply log, i have revert it on my local build to be sure that this branch is the culprit and it's confirmed :)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I have big issue with this branch :
    I have big delay about channel switching and sometimes channel 1 act like it was tuned but nothing on screen, tuning channel 2 and here i get the channel 1 displayed and so on.
    Or when changing channel, channel 1 works -> change to channel 2 and i get timishift of channel 1 for 10 or 20 secs.

I need to supply log, i have revert it on my local build to be sure that this branch is the culprit and it's confirmed :)

Yeah, logs will be very helpful. I have no idea why any changes I made would affect live tv or channel switching. I've been using this branch for two months now and haven't noticed any side affects, but I only watch live TV on rare occasions. Does this happen consistently or is it random?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does it happen when comskip is running? Could it be as simple as the higher CPU usage from comskip slowing everything else down on the server?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It happen always for me and i don't have comskip enable. But for sure it impact somehow livetv (and it's on MP side only it seems).
    I have run 2 tests this weekend.

TVServer on server / Client on HTPC -> broken. (RTSP in use)
    TVServer on DEVPC / Client on DEVPC -> broken. (I suppose here UNC but i think i have also try TVServer on DEVPC / Client on HTPC -> broken)

It seems to be a client side issue (i need to retest but i just revert the branch and install only the MP installer separate installer and issue was gone and i didn't reinstall server side). If i'm not wrong lol.

I need to retry the whole thingy, right now i let run MP to try to trigger fontengine issue but i will retry your branch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom