Live TV Audio/Video Sync (1 Viewer)

xuxo

Portal Member
February 6, 2008
AW: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

does anyone experience this problem also with win XP?
I have this issue here. Currently I´m not able to fix it.

EVR is not working fine with XP. (once I use it, I get windows and no full screen in LIVE TV)

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey ffdshow users, would you please check your audio decoder settings. I have disabled 32 bit float output format so that only integer formats are active, and my impression is that audio and video sync is better now. Can you confirm this?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm also having this issue with 1.1RC5 on WinXP Pro SP3 32bit. Tried everything I could think of, but couldn't fix it.

xuxo

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    AW: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

I have fixed it by switching my codecs (video + sound) to the cyberlink ones included in SAF 5 (unlocked).

may it help you too

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A quick update.

Audio is still out of sync with float audio formats disabled, so thats not the problem. Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks to everyone who replied.

I did some random testing - I think the sync problem does seem to go away under these circumstances:

+ a live tv show is recorded and then played. So far I have never observed the sync problem in connection with TV recordings.

+ transition from live TV to timeshift. When played from the timeshift buffer, audio is back in sync. The "amount" of timeshift does not seem to have any effect, only the fact whether tv is timeshifting or not. After going back to live TV (by pressing fast forward until reaching "END") sync is lost again.

+ (not sure) when watching a show while it is being recorded. I had the impression that sync was ok as long as TV was recording, but was lost as soon as the "recording finished" message came up.

Regards,
    splatterpop

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I too had this issue many moons ago (I think it was when I was evaluating SAF5) - I was using ffdshow codecs (MePo was RC2 or RC3 I think).

After a while I gave up trying to fix it and reverted back to SAF4 (also had DXVA video playback issues with SAF5 but not SAF4)

I assumed it was down to the release/version of ffdshow codec in SAF5 (maybe the version that as included was a flaky?)

Thanks,

J.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Has anyone actually reported this in the RC5 bugs forum by the way? Since it seems to happen with varying codec setups, and with codec setups that work fine with 1.0.2 (I've never had any version of SAF installed, I use a recent ffdshow), I think there's definitely an mp or tv server bug here. I've looked through the forum and don't see a report that covers this. I had to revert my system to 1.0.2 as it's in constant use, but I'll try and put RC5 back on this weekend and gather some more information myself, but I think it would be worth a post in the bugs forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom