[fixed] live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tony, i think this last version is working. Had some freezes with 14, installed 29 and had only one freezing picture for a few seconds and then it recovered.
    Will do some longer testing but i see only small issue. Audio and video not in sync after picture glitch (not picture freeze). And this will not recover automaticaly. Step back -15s solves it.

Is this with MP audio renderer in use ? If it is, try it without...

Have you got the TsReader log for this ?

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

Thanks Tony, the attached 0029 is running very smooth, no stuttering, glitching or other problems. My attached video is also running, like it should ;) (I don't really like the song, but the singer is great ;) ). Will do some testing.

edit:
    btw. in general there's to say, that no_dwm dshophelper versions are running much better for me with the tsreader.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @owlsroost: Am I correct assuming that mantis case 3724 might be the solution to my issue in post 127?

If you or another dev wants to provide me a test dll, please feel free to do so.

Thx for all your work.

G.

Does the problem happen with the standard 1.2.0 TsReader, or only with my modified versions ?

Tony

Tony, sorry for the late response. This happens with the TsReader files provided with MP 1.2.1 as well as your v29 TsReader file.

Thx, G.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    @owlsroost: Am I correct assuming that mantis case 3724 might be the solution to my issue in post 127?

If you or another dev wants to provide me a test dll, please feel free to do so.

Thx for all your work.

G.

Does the problem happen with the standard 1.2.0 TsReader, or only with my modified versions ?

Tony

Tony, sorry for the late response. This happens with the TsReader files provided with MP 1.2.1 as well as your v29 TsReader file.

Thx, G.

As far as I can see, the logs you attached don't seem to have any HD -> SD changes - it seems to be all HD->HD changes ?

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

My girlfried noticed something problematic some minutes ago: video and audio are running out of sync(I woke up my machine from Standby). But I don't know, if posting logs helps(is there any important information about that).
    Using dshowhelper_0092_nodwm and tsreader_0029.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    The BBC HD problem seems to have gone away with the latest version :) :D

I did notice a weird problem though that i've not been able to replicate since. I tuned a channel and it kept freezing for 5-6 seconds, then it played 'fast' for 2-3 seconds and then froze again and this kept repeating and didn't recover.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again :)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey. I am having some hickups or what should i say maybe micro freezes or stuttering describes et better. I have MP 1.2.1 installed and I think I have had this since 1.2 Final, but I am not totally sure that the problem is MP related because I have had to reinstall my system about a week ago.

When I try your TSReader should I also use the "special" dshowhelper and exactly what version should I use?

IFC 2.03 works really bad with this TSReader? Any suggestions? I does not seem to be able to scale correctly. A lot of the time the picture goes way out of the edges of the TV. Seen on many channels already. Is it a known problem?

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Once or twice the picture stood stilll after zapping, normally this goes really very fast.
    And there's the out-of-sync thing, but only on ATV (Austria). I recorded a small part for you. Especially in the end it's really noticeable.
    I don't know, if it's a tsreader or dshowhelper issue. Tony, which dshowhelper would you recommend for testing?
    File will be uploaded in some minutes...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21468828/Bauer sucht Frau_ATV_2011-09-28_20__2.ts

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tony, no party yet. My wife has seen multiple freezes yesterday. I cannot remember that i'd seen that much freezes during liveTV. My personal conclusion is that this is a bigger problem (more discontinuities?) , maybe the last big change has something to do with it? ( [Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv - MediaPortal Forum ).
    How many people are having freeze issues on DVB-S(2) lately?

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

Tony, no party yet. My wife has seen multiple freezes yesterday. I cannot remember that i'd seen that much freezes during liveTV. My personal conclusion is that this is a bigger problem (more discontinuities?) , maybe the last big change has something to do with it? ( [Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv - MediaPortal Forum ).
    How many people are having freeze issues on DVB-S(2) lately?

I don't have any freezes and tv is running often over hours. But I'm using Argus, maybe it's creating ts-files a little bit different.
    And I'm using SAF6-svn with LAV for audio and Microsoft DTV für tv(SD and H.264).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom