[solved] Live TV - Remote commands are not recognized until I left/right click (1 Viewer)

PrinzValium

Portal Member
December 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
When I start Live TV the commands of my remote won't get recognized until I do a left/right click on my keyboard/touchpad.
I use this one here if that matters https://assets.logitech.com/assets/54252/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400-plus.png .
I have a Logitech Harmony and apart from that it's working. After left/right clicking I'm able to control TV with the remote again.
This happens everytime I start up Live TV.
When TV starts it looks like the player is opened up in a separate window and thus might loose focus. This would explain why a left or right click solves the problem, since the TV "window" gets the focus again.
I've already tried different skins and starting up without a connected keyboard.
Is this a known bug? I couldn't find anything on the forum.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this a known bug?
    No.

I have a similar Logitech keyboard on one client and Don experience problems . What exact behavior are you expecting? The keyboard is not a remote but either a mouse or a key entry device. If you want to control it with keys, keep in mind that you need to enter capitals.

If you want to use the touchpad, I understand from the above that you don't get a Cursor until you press the keys, right?

Is MP2 running in FullScreen Mode?

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What exact behavior are you expecting?

I only use my keyboard for configuration stuff. My purpose is to control MP2 exclusively with my harmony remote.
    So when I start up TV, no remote commands are recognized anymore until I use my keyboard.

Is MP2 running in FullScreen Mode?

If there is no option for windowed fullscreen then it is running in fullscreen mode. I didn't change anything there after the initial installation.

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before you do that you have the home screen, do you? Can you navigate on it with the remote and are starting TV from there with the remote?

Yes exactly!
    I can navigate on the homescreen to the TV item/tile with my remote and start it from there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, sounds strange. No problem here with my own Harmony. Maybe it's not correctly configured?

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I didn't change anything after switching from MP1 to MP2 and it worked pretty much out of the box. Also when this problem occurs the only thing I have to do is to left or right click for the remote to work again tells me it might not be a problem with my harmony.

Also no matter if I use bluetooth or IR input with the harmony.
    I have an old MCE remote lying around, I guess I could test this one and report back.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 is not MP1 ;).

How is it configured then? What kind of device have you set up in the Logitech config to be controlled by the remote?

Logs (debug level) could help.

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have an old MCE remote lying around, I guess I could test this one and report back.

Almost the same behaviour with a standard MCE IR remote. Some keys aren't working until I left/right click on the keyboard. Afterwards every key is working.

What kind of device have you set up in the Logitech config to be controlled by the remote?

The device names in the MyHarmony software are:

[Microsoft Windows Media Center]
    for IR control
    and
    [LogitechHarmonyWindowsPC]
    for Bluetooth control

Logs (debug level) could help.

Debug level logs added.

What I forgot to mention, which might be important is that also the keyboard keys (i.e. ESC, R. H, ...) aren't working until I right/left click!

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another update:
    Alt - Tab solves the problem as well (like left/right clicking)
    I'm pretty sure now it's a focus problem

See also the attached pictures.

I remember in MP1 there was an option to keep Mediaportal always in foreground. Maybe there is some 3rd party solution I could use

Attachments

• 2017-11-03 18.52.31.jpg
      2017-11-03 18.52.31.jpg
      2.4 MB
    • 2017-11-03 18.52.41.jpg
      2017-11-03 18.52.41.jpg
      2.1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom