Live TV subtitles? (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Eaglehawk before we investigate further in the need of teletext subtitles, can you please post the mediainfo output for a recording with subtitles? And a short sample would make it easier for us to check it.

I'm still not sure if there is not another problem...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    CC is an american form of subtitles :) used in ATSC.
    DVB standard uses DBV subtitles (as on screenshot above) - Bitmaps transferred in separate substream, and Teletext Subtitles - text transferred in separate substream. Both of these snandards were part of TVE3 several years, and only CC support came lately (around MP 1.10 or 1.11)

Background information :

US CC (Closed Caption) support has been in MP1 for several years - the recent update was to include a new version of the 'Core CC Parser' filter with MP1 which can parse CC from H.264 video (as well as MPEG-2).

Making CC work means building a graph with two extra filters (Core CC Parser and Microsoft Line21 decoder) and using a two input EVR mixer component.

Eaglehawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaInfoResult.JPG

Sample recording located at http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/download/Dixi.ts (400MBish)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

beachman

January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any news on this?
    Here in Sweden we use Teletext Subtitles too!
    I'm. trying to switch from WMC. I Have tried Kodi 16 and dvblink, but the Kodi UI/WAF is horrible and MCE remote support is really bad...
    If MP2 works I'm willing to donate!
    I'm using TVE 3.5 because I couldn't get CAM working on my Anysee T2C Tuner with tve 3.0
    teletext.png

Last edited:

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No teletext subtitles is kind of a dealbreaker for using MP2.
    Any news on this?
    From what I can se it is not included in the '16 spring release

Bryan H

Portal Member
    May 19, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any update on this topic? US based CC is also a dealbreaker for me (Parents are deaf).

(Currently setting up MP2 '16 spring release)
    Thank you
    Bryan

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any update on this topic? US based CC is also a dealbreaker for me (Parents are deaf).

Background information :

US CC (Closed Caption) support has been in MP1 for several years - the recent update was to include a new version of the 'Core CC Parser' filter with MP1 which can parse CC from H.264 video (as well as MPEG-2).

Making CC work means building a graph with two extra filters (Core CC Parser and Microsoft Line21 decoder) and using a two input EVR mixer component.
    If this is the solution, I think it can be added quite quickly. I'm going to check this :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Background information :

If this is the solution, I think it can be added quite quickly. I'm going to check this :)

The filter graph with CC parsing/decoding active should looks like this when built in GraphStudio, with Core CC parser inserted between the splitter video output pin and the video decoder input pin, and the MS 'Line 21 decoder 2' filter connected to Core CC parser 'Line21' output pin. The subtitle rendering (and positioning in the frame) is performed by the Line 21 decoder:

Correct H264 CC.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom