Live TV video and audio woes (1 Viewer)

Jeremy D

September 16, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Fair warning, I am a newb to MediaPortal so please forgive me if my questions have been answered numerous time before.

Setup:
-Windows 10
-MediaPortal v1.12.0.0
-Raspberry Pi 1 B
-HDHomeRun Dual
-HDMI
-USB wireless w/external antenna (recently upgraded from the Edimax EW-7811Un thinking that the Edimax was the issue)
-external usb hub
-OSMC Kodi 15.1

I have live TV issues. When watching live TV on my pi over wireless, the video after a few minutes will go into slow-motion and the audio will cut-out. This happens consistently when watching live TV on the Pi. However, if I stream an HD movie from the server to the Pi, I have no issues at all.

This past Monday, I watched Monday Night Football on my main TV which is connected via Ethernet and after and hour and half or so, the live stream would freeze multiple times for 20-30 seconds, play for a few minutes and freeze again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Jeremy

Logs

Last edited:

Jeremy D

September 16, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using Kodi to watch live TV.

I've attached my log file in my original post.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Reception on Channel 'WUCW HD' looks bad (there are a lot of 'Continuity error...' messages in the server TsWriter.log after it's been tuned).

Otherwise the TV server logs look OK.

Since you are using Kodi as the client, you probably need to ask over in their forums for help - I've never used Kodi.

From the symptoms you describe I'd guess the client playback rate is slightly faster than the broadcast stream arrival rate, so after a while the client runs very low/out of data and starts to stutter (as it's got no data to play until some more arrives). Playing files is very different since the client can read as much data as it needs when it needs it (assuming it's using SMB file sharing to access the file).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom