[TV] LiveTV not working on client / Port bound on server (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm using my motherboard's on-board NIC, so I don't think so. However I've just tried rebooting with port set to 1100 and that's showing as already bound, so something's not right.

I thought it could be my firewall (Kerio 2.15) as that has an Always Secure option which blocks everything until the firewall driver has loaded, but I've got that option disabled and TVService doesn't start until long after the firewall's loaded anyway, as I've got a 25 second card detection delay set for my Nova-T 500.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Well it's definitely not Kerio that's causing the problem cos I uninstalled it and when I rebooted port 1100 was still reported as bound, even though nothing else is using it. I have to stop and restart the service each time I boot to fix it.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to track down what's causing this, as the logs are no help and nothing's showing anything using the same port as MP. I'm planning on doing a fresh XP + MP install sometime soon, so I'll have to see if the problem's still there after that, but that will be in a different partition so let me know if there's anything worth doing on my current install to try and find out what's going wrong.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I didn't have any luck tracing the problem I'm afraid.

My hard drive was acting up so I had to re-format that and re-install and I haven't had the problem since thankfully.

Tooms73

Portal Member
July 24, 2009
I get the same error.

i didnt have any problems with 1.0.2, but after i upgraded to 1.1.0 with the latest svn the error ocurred "unable to play stream2.0"

If i reboot the tv server it works again, but the first time the server goes to hibernation and rewakes again the error is back and in 3rd party checks i get "port 554 is already bound"

I cant see anything wrong in the log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom