MP2 - V2.3 Long delay between stopping a movie/episode and replaying. (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I have been trialling MP2 since the release of 2.3 and I am having a big problem with it's usability.

I have a server on a separate Windows 10 Pro machine, recent reinstall with all updates done.

CPU - Core i7-2600
    10GB Ram
    512GB SSD system drive
    Gigabit ethernet.
    I have 13 HDD's attached, most internal and a few external (USB3).
    All 13 drives have a TVSeries and Movies folder.

I have two clients, one is the HTPC which is on a gigabit ethernet connection and the test laptop I am using here which is wireless.
    Problem occurs on any machine I use in the house, including a couple of others I have tried.

Client and server have the most recent test version I found on the forum. It also happened with the first release of 2.3 with user logins configured.
    I also tested this problem with a single seat setup on the server and I had the same problem.

Steps to reproduce

I load MP2 x64 client (or 32) and browse movies plugin.
    I play any movie.
    Let it play for a couple of minutes.
    Stop it.
    I can see that it has marked it as 1% watched straight away.
    Without moving I press play again.
    There is a long delay (in the logs attached it's 45 seconds) before the dialog box to resume play comes up.
    In the client logs you can see it happens between ~11:39 and 11:40.

Now I have noticed this across Series, Movies and recordings plugins.
    Another test I performed was to go to Series plugin and mark a series as watched.
    No problem, marks straight away so I move to another and bring up the dialog to mark as watched.
    Once I do this it takes another 30 to 90 seconds to perform the task.

I have attached the collected logs for the server and test laptop.
    In this example I have done as first stated, played and replayed a movie.

I can see there are errors in relation to UPNP and SSDP but I am at a loss to understand if they are related.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I can perform any other test again and attach logs so please don't hesitate to ask.
    I understand if you don't look at this in a hurry as Christmas is around the corner and family and holidays come first.
    Cheers

Michael

Attachments

• Client.zip
      220.3 KB
    • Server.zip
      190.5 KB

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have generally some long loading delays, that occur randomly at any location. Sometimes just opening the settings takes 40 seconds, while on next try they open immediately. Can you confirm the issue systematic every time?

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Timhoh1234,
    Yes for me it seems that in the examples I have explained it is every time, second time. Then if I repeat again and again, it will still be slow. I am not home until tomorrow night for more testing but as I remember, if I wait long enough it will be quick again for the first try then on the second it’s delayed.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do also see the issues in settings and sometimes even opening a context me I on a media item takes almost a minutes. As reporter the behavior is random, but every second time is a good value. @joecrow @Scheibes do you also face such issues? I’d open a ticket then.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tryed to reproduce from my client only PC.
    Played a movie for 2-3 minutes -> stoped movie (1% shown) -> start playback again -> re-entry is shown after 2-3 sec -> playback starts immadiatly

I tryed it 3 times in this way and everytime the same result.

For me all works fine.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not able to reproduce the problem here either. Test system is client/server with a small media library, but vids and movies resumed immediately after short play and stop.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I’ll be able to do more testing and post more logs in the next 24hours or so which hopefully will produce something that might help.
    Could it have something to do with the fact that I have such a large collection? (2000 movies and 300 or so tvseries across 13 drives)
    The delays seem to start after there is a change to the SQLite database on the server.
    IE. after setting resume time of movies, recordings and shows and after I set watched flags in any plug-in.
    Thanks for looking into this guys. I’d really like to give this a shot on my HTPC proper.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the issue is present, though it’s not every time. I could reproduce it on a client on same machine as server, so definitely not a network issue here. The long delays with context menu and loading settings I have almost every time meanwhile.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another set of log if it helps.

This time I loaded the client and went to the Series plugin.
    Set one series as watched, perfect.
    Next I set another series as watched.
    This time after I clicked "Set payed" it brought up the wait cursor and it spun for ~45 seconds.
    After it had completed, I did it again for another series and this time again ~45 seconds.
    Interestingly, I waited 60 seconds or so and tried another series, this time perfect.
    Then another series straight away and another ~45 second wait.
    I've attached both server and client logs.
    Thanks

Attachments

• Client2.zip
      201.2 KB
    • Server2.zip
      167.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom