Lost frames in recording

Discussion in 'Older releases' started by Panchoneer, November 18, 2015.

1. Panchoneer

Panchoneer Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I have problems with lost frames in recording, which i can see when I play the file. The strange thing I have seen every time is that if I start direct TV on the recording channel, the recording will not have any lost frames after that!

I run MP 1.12.0.0 on Windows 10. Two PC NanoStick DVB-T2, and the receiving quality is not optimal (~ 50)

I include logfiles with recording from 17:40 - 17:52 and added direct TV view17:46 - 17.52. Lots of lost frames 17:40 - 17:46 and none after that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

If you're using MP 1.12 as you say then this thread is in the wrong place, because this forum is for MP2 only. Please let me know so I can move it if necessary.

My guess is that your PC is using a low power state when only recording, and that low power state is the problem.

4. Panchoneer

Panchoneer Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. But THANKS for the answer. I tried playing with another media player while recording, and all went fine. So what can I do now? I have all the time used the High Performance plan. Will MP2 help?

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, I think even having your internet browser open while recording may avoid the problem.

Sorry, I'm not able to give specific instructions to solve the problem. All I know is that it is most likely related to power saving.

Probably not.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!