Lost frames in recording (1 Viewer)

Panchoneer

Portal Member
November 18, 2015
Sweden Sweden
I have problems with lost frames in recording, which i can see when I play the file. The strange thing I have seen every time is that if I start direct TV on the recording channel, the recording will not have any lost frames after that!

I run MP 1.12.0.0 on Windows 10. Two PC NanoStick DVB-T2, and the receiving quality is not optimal (~ 50)

I include logfiles with recording from 17:40 - 17:52 and added direct TV view17:46 - 17.52. Lots of lost frames 17:40 - 17:46 and none after that.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello and welcome :)

If you're using MP 1.12 as you say then this thread is in the wrong place, because this forum is for MP2 only. Please let me know so I can move it if necessary.

I have problems with lost frames in recording, which i can see when I play the file. The strange thing I have seen every time is that if I start direct TV on the recording channel, the recording will not have any lost frames after that!
    My guess is that your PC is using a low power state when only recording, and that low power state is the problem.

Panchoneer

Portal Member
    November 18, 2015
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. But THANKS for the answer. I tried playing with another media player while recording, and all went fine. So what can I do now? I have all the time used the High Performance plan. Will MP2 help?

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T [solved] Coming from WMC and completely lost General 6
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    K MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-763] Interface configuration for RTSP streaming server lost on every restart Older releases 6
    R [solved] MTS files freeze on last frame Watch / Listen Media 2
    P Blocking TV recordings on client? General 3
    1gkar [solved] LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 10
    toricred Recordings Change : to _ in Series Name General 0
    P Recording films that have an "intermission" General 3
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    F Recording starts at second time only MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    T Unwanted recording Newcomers Forum 18