Low sound level from tv card (1 Viewer)

Bratpitt

Portal Member
July 8, 2006
Am useing MP1 on on machine with WinTV-HVR-2200 MC to watch tv and stream to clients.

The problem is that sound level is way to low compared to everything else, is there a way to change that in MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Bratpitt

Two questions:
    What kind of channels? (analog TV, FM, external input or DVB-T)
    Is the volume of other content played in MP at the same level?

mm

Bratpitt

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Hi

Its on analog tv channels compared to mp3, or divx, or even windows own system sounds. Almost 50% lower.

And its the same issue streaming to any of my other 3 laptops/computers with MP client installed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

If I recall correctly, the analog tuner has its own volume control which you should be able to access through the windows control panel (sounds section). Have a dig around in there for something like a "716..." or "Hauppauge..." sound device, and try pumping the volume up for that device.

In other words, the "base" volume control for analog tuners is not in MP or TV Server settings. You can adjust the volume to a degree in MP, but you're capped by the Windows setting.

mm

Bratpitt

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Dident find anything except the basic devices like.. line in, microphone, realtek speaker.
    Are those settings really involved when streaming to a client for example? Tought they was on higher level...

Well thanks for trying, i will look around see if i can find anything and post solution if i do.
    Cheers and tanks for a great software :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're looking on the server, right?

The volume control in control panel would control the volume of the hardware analog audio input for analog TV, FM and external inputs.
    It would affect the volume in all applications... but only the volume of the aforementioned inputs. Music and other video volumes would not be affected.
    This low volume level would carry right the way through to all the clients because MP is effectively recording the volume at the low level.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for posting your solution (y)
    I guess the Hauppauge card is slightly different to mine which are based on the same chipset family but have software encoders.
    Glad you got it sorted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread