M3U Playlists (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
So does MP2 not play m3u music playlists? The set up I had in MP1 had a playlist folder you could easily access. It is no longer an option in MP2. Do I need to revert to MP1 (again!)
Neil

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 uses server side managed playlists: once created, they are visible on all clients and can be used for instant playback. The playlist works for all media items (audio, video, image).

1) So first you should create media shares for letting the MediaLibrary import your files.

2) Then there is a playlist import tool included inside MP2-Client:
    upload_2015-9-6_10-15-31.png

Then you get this screen to import a playlist
    upload_2015-9-6_10-16-7.png

Can you give it a try in the order I wrote above?

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    This is only for importing a playlist one at a time. I am not prepared to do this for 200 playlists. I just want to be able to set up the music playlist section to tp be bale to play the playlists I already have and can play under MP1. Back to MP1 again. Why remove a perfectly good function? Anyway the import one-by-one function doesn't work either, not that I ever intend to use it. Just letting you know.
    Unhappy
    Neil

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    M3U files are accepted in the Utilities / Import Playlists.
    1 catch - There cannot be Any Blank Lines in the file.
    I have tested. Only after editing and removing all blank lines does the importer properly import the playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Music Player issues DE
    @hwahrmann maybe can helps
    @hwahrmann maybe can helps
    Version: MediaPortal 1.30 Issue 1: At the end of a playback (when the last item of playlist ends), the player is not properly...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom