MA78G-DS3H sound over HDMI (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have the same problem, but I think it's driverrelated and not tv-related, because when I use the drivers on the CD that came with the motherboard it works perfectly, but with the 8.10 drivers from AMD or the latest drivers from motherboard producer it doesn't. I loose the sound if I change the input on the tv from HDMI1 to anything else and back, or if I turn off the TV. I get it back if I logg out and in, or if I hibernate and wake up, so I guess it reconnects when drivers are "reloaded".

This is not on the Gigabyte board, but Asus M3A-H/HDMI. And I don't think I had the problem pre-8.10 either.

I have not tested the 8.11 drivers yet, because of other people reporting other problems with it, but hopefully it's fixed by now and will be working in 8.12.

Edit:

Ok, since I'm reinstalling my computer in the next few days I decided to try 8.11, and it does work for me now.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am using Vista 32-bit, but when I tried it again this today it no longer seemed to work.... I will try it again later on.

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Had a quick look for info. on that driver and couldn't find any.

Who supplies the driver? Is it AMD/ATI or Realtek?

EDIT - OK, found it. It's Realtek. Will give it a go!

EDIT 2 - Tried it, still the same. Boot server, sound is fine, leave video playing, change channels on the TV, change back to PC, no sound.

EDIT 3 - I've updated to Catalyst 8.12 and that seems to have sorted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom