madVR Settings thread (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to register the 32bit version even on 64bit. It's what got it working for me. ALSO run the batch file as administrator..
    Hi
    Not sure what you mean there, the opengl version just has a reg.bat, no reg64.bat. I would like to try this out, so please let me know if you know how to fix that. With the windows version I used the reg64.bat and yes as admin. I have sunsequently set LAV "Hardware decoder to use" from DXVA2(copyback) to None and I now see a much lower 70-80% CPU when I play Elysium in MPC-HC, it is mostly smooth just the occaisional stutter with CPU jumping briefly to 95%+, so I assume it is now using the Lentoid filter:unsure:?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure we need to register filter related to the executable version x86 or x64.
    On my side open version crash directly (mp or mpc-hc) lol

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't say, but MPC-HC can if you right click and select 'Filters' :)

Using the windows version of Lentoid, after some playing arround with MPC-HC (x64 version) with the Lentoid decoder selected and the LAV decoder deselected (External Filters) then right click and select filters shows the Lentoid Decoder when playing Elysium (quite smooth with reduced CPU. As soon as LAV decoder is selected in External Filters it replaces the Lentoid Decoder but there is no deteriation in playback, so it looks like it is still working, In both cases selecting System Default in "Output/Direct Show Video instead of madvr resulted in a minor reduction in CPU usage but no big surprise there,

For sure we need to register filter related to the executable version x86 or x64.
    On my side open version crash directly (mp or mpc-hc) lol
    With the opengl version there is no indication of it in my MPC-HC but WMP crashed instantly when I tried to play Elysium:eek: and it did not before I registered it (or mabe not:unsure:), so it possibly is doing something. I may be wrong but I bet the version of WMP I have is also 32bit:LOL:.
    I think I may try a quick video card swap with my desktop (amd R7-260) which is much newer and probably more powerfull, just to see the difference, maybe after this eveings football;). My destop plays Elysium pertfectly but also has a much higher power CPU.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    - Use profiles to give each resolution the chance to max out settings, the scripts are very easy
    @kenwonders do you know how to create a profile for 3D MVC MKV files?
    I'm trying 3 different resolution profiles SD, 720 and 1080. Each of them with own improvement setting. I want to add an additional one 3D or 1080 3D but don't know how.
    You mention about JINT not avail any more. Do you think you can update the info I copy-paste before to get a general guide for starters?

Thanks
    Alex

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    There is a '3D' keyword that you need to check in the profile script eg if (3D==true)
    You mention about JINT not avail any more. Do you think you can update the info I copy-paste before to get a general guide for starters?
    I'm not sure I can, as the range of hardware and madvr configuration available makes it rather difficult to offer optimisations. The guide here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188 is much better than anything I could do that also deals with such a range of situations.

The one really useful thing in that text you supplied however is that the Intel does nicer scaling in normal EVR mode than the others, as it uses more elaborate scaling under the standard DXVA setting. For example, an Intel set at DVXA would look better than Nvidia at DXVA because it is doing bicubic/Lanczos not bilinear.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    There is a '3D' keyword that you need to check in the profile script eg if (3D==true)
    I'm not sure I can, as the range of hardware and madvr configuration available makes it rather difficult to offer optimisations. The guide here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188 is much better than anything I could do that also deals with such a range of situations.

The one really useful thing in that text you supplied however is that the Intel does nicer scaling in normal EVR mode than the others, as it uses more elaborate scaling under the standard DXVA setting. For example, an Intel set at DVXA would look better than Nvidia at DXVA because it is doing bicubic not bilinear.

I agree, also to understand there are different levels of improvement and filtering and to locate where is your graphisc power on between them and what to expect depending on its performance and setting. The base refference between diff chip brands.

Now Im playing with profiles and the thing improves greatly!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Help:eek:. Following a major system corruption problem when testing v103+v105 yesterday. I had to restore my system from an image backup and reinstall MP etc, fortunately I had a MPsettings backup so all is now back up with v97 and 102 core. Everything seems to work except 3D playback of my MVC/MKVs plays in 2D. The reason for this is that the 3D system display setting is off and although I can set it to on as soon as I try to play a 3D vid it gets reset:mad:. All 3D settings in madvr are enabled as far as I can see and LAV is 68.1. I have not tried with MPC-HC as it it not yet re-installed, later after the football perhaps.
    All help to fix this would be most appreciated, I may well have missed or screwed up something during the reconstruction but I really can't find it.:unsure:

P.S. Playing a 3D disk with PowerDVD works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom