[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no callback too in log and tsreader version seems correct but maybe you can try like @Kotik ? :)

Try to rename the tsreader.ax (both MP / Tvserver folder if you are in multiseat) and doing a reinstallation :)

You can compare the size and date from my screenshot in few previous post, if it's not the same size/date, then it is not the correct TsReader.ax :)

Yes that was it,(y) tsreader.ax was an older version (31-may-2016) same size, strange it did not get updated.:confused:. Reran the installer after tsreader rename and V108+core109 all looking good now, will continue testing.:)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @alexdepalma it seems that TvService crash into :
    Code:
    Firma del problema: P1: TVService.exe P2: 1.14.0.0 P3: 5762911e P4: gboxplugin.dll
    Are you able to try without it ? and doing zap to FTA channel to compare ?

I've created a test channel group with no scrambled channels. All FTA in different TV cards HD, SD.

No freeze ATM but some MadVr Process failed folow by high rending times and lost of deinterlace and dropped frames.

report at the moment of error shown on screen (10:50)

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (3).txt
      55.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is no callback too in log and tsreader version seems correct but maybe you can try like @Kotik ? :)

Try to rename the tsreader.ax (both MP / Tvserver folder if you are in multiseat) and doing a reinstallation :)

You can compare the size and date from my screenshot in few previous post, if it's not the same size/date, then it is not the correct TsReader.ax :)

Yes that was it,(y) tsreader.ax was an older version (31-may-2016) same size, strange it did not get updated.:confused:. Reran the installer after tsreader rename and V108+core109 all looking good now, will continue testing.:)

Great :) but no clue why the update failed when the file exist, i'm pretty sure that we didn't check the version number so maybe the file is locked while installing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I've created a test channel group with no scrambled channels. All FTA in different TV cards HD, SD.

No freeze ATM but some MadVr Process failed follow by high rending times and lost of deinterlace and dropped frames.

Hi :) it seems that mp log wasn't uploaded :) in madVR freeze report it seems all good.
    So something can trigger madVR failed, i'm pretty sure it happen when changing tuner X to tuner Y

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

No freeze ATM but some MadVr Process failed follow by high rending times and lost of deinterlace and dropped frames.

Hi :) it seems that mp log wasn't uploaded :) in madVR freeze report it seems all good.
    So something can trigger madVR failed, i'm pretty sure it happen when changing tuner X to tuner Y

Yes MadVr process failed always happens on tuner change (almost sure), NEVER happened on channel change same turner.
    no MP logs because didnt freez or crash.

Here comes a Madr process failed with MP logs (created with option 3 in Whatchdog)
    here 14:31. After the freeze (lav DXVA (native)) deinterlace lost and higher rendering times.

Deinterlace recovered after stop timeshift but rendering times is ONLY recovered after computer restast.
    something gets stuck on Madvr and graphics

Test done on free to air channels only (any how after testing mixed FTA and scramble, no difference found). Anyhow only FTA.

This version is as stable as Fork.:)

Very difficult to freeze(y)

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      59.5 KB
    Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello
    @Sebastiii
    I've an important discovery:eek:

I'm not 100% sure.:cautious: But I've been playing with LAV on DXVA copy-back and I couldn't trigger any single DXVA Process failed.

With all my most problematic TV groups. I've change more than 100 times and not a single DXVA failed so the problem may be related to Madvr and Lav video decoder.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello
    @Sebastiii
    I've an important discovery:eek:

I'm not 100% sure.:cautious: But I've been playing with LAV on DXVA copy-back and I couldn't trigger any single DXVA Process failed.

With all my most problematic TV groups. I've change more than 100 times and not a single DXVA failed so the problem may be related to Madvr and Lav video decoder.

That i have notice on freeze seems to be related to init something on DXVA side while other thread was already setting something -> deadlock on LAVVideo or madVR so it possible that sometimes (no more deadlock) but the init failed somehow and lead to the error, DXVA copy back seems to be more agressive surely lol

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii
    Before I forget about it,
    This version crashes tv server on scrambled channels, something that was really strange on previous versions. Don't remember any... In this version, today I had it 4 - 5 times.
    No logs provided as you already have it.

Thanks
    A

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom