[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Seb, I've been running 1.15 pre for a few days without issue. Great stuff! Thanks for all the hard work. (y)(y)(y)

My setup also survived a mySQL to MS SQL migration :)

I do see the idle black screen issue though, don't you just need to do a bit of 'renderblack' action there? In EVR, if you leave TV playing minimised at the guide, eventually all should go black after 3 mins, but in madVR the video window still shows video in a sea of black :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The current implementation on TsReader side is surely not the good way to do but :) :)
    Will see if we can do something better lol (not sure lol)

On Fork with async tune, i have disable the render black lol :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Seb,

Today i updated my CPU to a i3 SkyLake with Intel 530 iGPU and i notice something strange, on TV playback my whole GUI is flashing randomly.

But only when there are GUI elements on screen. If TV is full screen then i dont see any flashes, but when i got some GUI element open it will flash, for an example TV Guide or TV minimized etc.

Logs attached.

PS. Previously i had an AMD R9 240 and i had no issues. I am running 1.15 pre.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Seb, i found the cause of flashing GUI elements. It is cyrillic letters on the GUI.
    The parts that have cyrillic letters will start flashing and as a result the whole GUI is flashing LOL.

As an example the am/pm indicator if set to cyrillic will produce this effect.
    It is easy to reproduce, change ur location in windows and make sure the time display appears in cyrillic inside mp GUI.
    Not sure it happens on other hardware but i can easily reproduce it with SkyLake.

PS. EVR is fine.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That can be some kind effect on madVR when rendering GUI not sure it comes from MP :(
    But it didn't happen before so surely hard to reproduce for madshi,
    How did you setup the time in cyrillic lol does the location will change the language too lol (if yes i will be lost lol)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good changed to :
    upload_2016-6-24_7-31-56.png

upload_2016-6-24_7-32-4.png

upload_2016-6-24_7-32-32.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It didn't flick : (and the time is ok right ?)
    It can be video driver related or a setting inside madVR ?

upload_2016-6-24_7-33-37.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure there is some issue of flickering on TVGuide, i workaround that to not render some effect but the side effect is to give an TVGuide that looks weird on some skin.
    And i don't why it happen but it was happening too before on EVR, maybe the GPU can not handle all elements from the TVGuide because it was happening when we had a lot of information.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I will check today my Madvr settings and will try to investigate the issue.

I know for sure that the issue happens only on Intel Skylake VGA.

And i think it is a Madvr settings + Intel drivers combo that creates this issue.
    On ur screenshot Seb the "πμ" should be flashing. If not then we have to see what drivers/madvr version and settings we use.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok did some test. The issue appears on all menus, not only TV. If i have cyrillic characters somewhere on the GUI then it will flash.
    I tried disabling DXVA in LAV Filters, tried Madvr with dx11, tried different algos for chroma and image upscale, tried default wide skin, nothing changes the issue remains.

I have now to try older version on intel drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom