[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ah i have make a fix on movpic/ov/tvs about it but thinking it wasn't needed on recent version but seems to be needed.
    I have added an event to let subscriber update information, on original code (TVS / movpic) there is a timer to update information for EVR it works but for madVR it can take more than the current timer.

Why i was thinking it was not needed anymore, because all layers are rendered once and after only needed so properties should be available asap but seems not working after all.

So maybe i really need to create a jira + branch for this because it a bug not related to madVR but like madVR can be longer to set properties than it show up/trigger the issue.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got it to work a few times with some series so indeed looks like timing issue just not consistently for the same episodes, sometimes when switching back and forth (X key) it will fill in the missing fields so it does have the information stored but not displayed.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey Seb, running the latest and every time I start live TV I get a madVR access violation. Here's the madVR report.
    --- Post updated ---
    any chance of a link to v210 so I can roll back to compare?

edit2: here's MP logs. Session shows 2 x TV attempts with issue, then a video play without issue.

Attachments

• madVR - crash report.txt
      111.6 KB
    Last edited:

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Seastiii, At the mo my setup works OK with V216. I need the 'Reduce madVR Frame 3" to be set to avoid flashing EPG etc. I'll leave this for a while to see if I get the ocasional blank screen that I have got with the last few versions.
    Thanks for you efforts on this.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Seb, running the latest and every time I start live TV I get a madVR access violation. Here's the madVR report.
    --- Post updated ---

edit2: here's MP logs. Session shows 2 x TV attempts with issue, then a video play without issue.

I think it's the TsReader.ax / dvbsub.ax and mpar.ax not updated, could you try to reinstall to see if files are updated (but it seems that the WIP fix i have done still not working). :p

Code:
    [2016-10-10 23:18:04,687] [1a5c3e60] [183c] - ------------- v4.2.2.32 ------------- instanceCount:1

I need to compare the version :) (above is from your logs)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii (or someone else who is familiar with this branch/builds) :)

I've started to put some stuff about madVR support in our wiki. Can you explain what the options will do? (disable low latency mode, force MP window refresh and reduce madVR frame).

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    --- Post updated ---

I think it's the TsReader.ax / dvbsub.ax and mpar.ax not updated, could you try to reinstall to see if files are updated (but it seems that the WIP fix i have done still not working). :p

Code:
    [2016-10-10 23:18:04,687] [1a5c3e60] [183c] - ------------- v4.2.2.32 ------------- instanceCount:1

I need to compare the version :) (above is from your logs)
    Strange... I actually ran about 4 installers last night (from 216 backwards) to see if I could get success but they all failed. I even rebooted with MP startup disabled so I could ensure no used resources.

I'll have another look tonight, would be great if it's just file versions.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Strange... I actually ran about 4 installers last night (from 216 backwards) to see if I could get success but they all failed. I even rebooted with MP startup disabled so I could ensure no used resources.

I'll have another look tonight, would be great if it's just file versions.

So this issue is not fixed, then you have to manually delete them and this time it will be copied correctly. I didn't understand why it failed using deploytool installer :(

EDIT : Seems that i'm on same version :
    Code:
    [2016-10-11 13:16:56,571] [12c3a990] [4970] - ------------- v4.2.2.32 ------------- instanceCount:1

But this is TsReader, DVBSub need to be updated too.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii (or someone else who is familiar with this branch/builds) :)

I've started to put some stuff about madVR support in our wiki. Can you explain what the options will do? (disable low latency mode, force MP window refresh and reduce madVR frame).

So :
    • Use EVR for LiveTV (this one should be good for explanation) only EVR will be used for LIVE TV
    • Disable low latency rendering mode : When GUI/OSD is displayed on screen, madVR will reduce (present Queue to value of max 2) it does that to optimize the GUI/OSD to have it more fluid (not sure of the word) then if we check this option, madVR will not reduce 'present queue' and then GUI/OSD can stutter or be slow. I have noticed that using this option along with some madVR setting can make the GUI no more visible)
    • Force MP Window refresh (for 3D) : It permit to trigger kind of resize MP window (very quickly) to trigger a signal to make 3D working (seems to be useful for Nvidia GPU)
    • Reduce madVR frame : it make the rendering a little slower that hide the flickering happening most of the time fir iGPU (Intel 4XXX) this option will higher the rendering time so will not works good when madVR is set to consume option but worth a try.
    :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    running the latest and every time I start live TV I get a madVR access violation.
    sadly the same here on the tv start
    Screenshot (25).png
    i continued on and it seems to work but on exit mepo faild :p

edit: tried oldschool reinstall (unpacked and deploy single packages)
    works(y)(y)hopefully its only a installer bug:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom