[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @joecrow i am stuck with older series of GPUs due to my HTPC case which i am not going to replace anytime soon, i am using Origen M10 and as a result i cannot obtain any GPU that is not Low Profile, so currently my options are really limited + i feel that new gen GPUs still need time to mature (drivers).

But regarding ur question, it all comes down to how satisfied YOU are! If u like the end results then u should be happy that you got something that pleases your needs. From my own experience i know that the more i fiddle with PQ the more i realize that there is a lot of room for improvement and eventually it becomes a never ending struggle towards perfection and i will be honest here, this process for me has become more pleasant than watching the TV/Movies hehehehe:)

So it is always up to you :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Added V237 in first post :)
    Another fix for refresh rate on stop while using multi screen and trying to avoid blackscreen on stop and added XySubFilter that work only with madVR for 3D subtitle etc.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    After a long night/day lol (need to go to sleep :p)

I will link to V238 installer, this one has 3D subtitle for MPC-HC engine working :)
    So we can always use xySubFilter but this one doesn't handle forced sub etc. like MPC-HC :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    xysubs many thanks seb, u always have an ace up your sleeve :)

i tried v237 a bit tonight, first on the client with windowed mode:
    the cpu problem i described before seems to be just a queue problem with madvr on window toggle somehow.
    it seem the queues never filled up properly after going to windowed, btw. look at the queue in my previous screen posts its also not filled up properly in non of them.
    but i found a way to get queues up again, also thanks to the new xysub integration. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot (125).png Screenshot (126).png Screenshot (127).png
    in first place it was a old habit to see if xyfilter was really working so i toggle windowed, go to taskbar and push on enable. funny thing

so i put v237 on htpc but didnt come far:( open tvguide and toggle x while playing file seems to freeze mepo completely
    first log.zip mepo unresponsive after stop, second a watchdog log and freezereport with tv guide toggle frezze.
    and i even tried on secondary screen setup again- the resolution change works as it should but guess what, 3d detection wont work (with mphc its the same).

thanks again for all your efforts (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @daWooky not sure what is happening, but i notice some no OSD on screen on HTPC this morning lol.
    It surely comes from the change into render method RenderEx3 now instead of Render to be able to parse Subtitle 3D position to MPC-HC Engine.
    So I have moved the madVR inti window into RenderEx3 method and seems to fix the OSD issue, maybe it will solve what you are seeing :)

You are welcom about XySub :) it seems to works but stutter on dev PC not sure why but like it will not handled correctly auto selection of forced subtitle and like MPC-HC handle 3D subtitle now, i will stick on my side with MPC-HC Engine.

From your logs, it seems that MP didn't render video and try to trigger the code i have added but seems that it get lost into a loop :(
    Will try to reproduce using your step :p
    Thanks.

Ps : i will upload a V238 bin for you to test :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom