[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks pal, i appreciate it.
    take ya time i'm currently so shi*** over packed at work.
    v280 in general seems pretty stable as kotik mentioned yesterday, only two additional exceptions the family complains about -first the bit cluncky zaps (also as joe mentiond) on tuner changes that seem better before (it works but it has some pixelation for around 3 sec. or so) and sometimes the mepo process keeps running after exit - kids found that abut im not so shure if its for real (theyr a bunch of impatient smurfs^^) so jfyi, but maybe it happen to someone else too.
    regards

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    General feedback:- v280 is still working very well for me(y), I glad I'm not the only one who has seen the clunky zapping and pixelation (well observed daWookys smurfs). Also I am still sometimes seeing ongoing very high rendering times 5+x normal) after starting a 3D vid, just restarting the video usually returns it to normal, this is not new with v280 but occurred on earlier versions as well. It could be an Nvidia issue as I do not recall seeing it when I was using the AMD RX460.

BTW although I am generally very pleased with the GTX 1050 Ti I am going to give the RX 460 another go, most likely next week, because I think it is maybe worth seeing if the latest drivers have resolved any of the problems I was having (GeYes reports are encouraging) and ofc I still would like to get PowerDVD 15 3D playback working again. It would be good to be again able to play from within MP (PDVD set up as the external player in MovPics) an original disk in 3D, as before the change to Nvidia. The option of playing an original BD3D disk is important for me as I don't have either the storage space or the inclination to rip everything before playing it (some things I've bought arn't worth it):oops:.
    On that subject since it is now possible to play BD3D in MP from an .iso is there any hope for the future that it may also be made to work from an inserted disk? That would make PowerDVD completely redundantand for me.:cool:
    I should also be able to check if the very high render times also occurr with it the RX460 and get back to you.

Other than that great stuff.:):):)

Last edited:

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow
    Nothing new with the new AMD drivers, still h264 bug with some content (for me primary live TV) present. A bit angry with that, but the rest is just great. v280 also quite rock stable. I saw your described high rendering times with my old tests with geforce1050 ti after 3d. As i could remeber right, the 3D mode seem not really to shutdown and so you have the high rendering times. Didn't have this in v280 with AMD.

I personally only have minor problems now, thanks the good work:
    • After standby sometimes sound isn't present. Seems a Denon and MP combination problem, think not related to madvr. Restarting system or denon receiver, while mp is open solves the problem.
    • Ares-Skin was in my first test really really fast. Now especially i'm back on madvr on livetv, it's really slow sometimes and i can't really reproduce this. Sometimes need half a minute to go back from TV to home by pressing back button till i'm there.
    • I have sometimes picture corruption and again hard to reproduce and to say where it come from. Could be days without any, could be a film every 10 minutes. I see it more on livetv with madvr than on movies and my personal feeling is, that this is a combination of madvr NGU and the amd drivers. I didn't see this on Geforce 1050 TI in my short tests.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @GeYe Thanks for the update, I'll give the RX 460 a try and let you know how it looks with my setup, but yes it is annoying that there has been no progress on the h264 bug.
    I have done some playing arround this afternoon and changed the settings in LAV from DXVA2 (copy-back) to DXVA2 (native) and that seems to have resolved the high render times issue which I was getting sometimes and I do not seem to be getting the negative PQ issues with this setting that I saw with the RX 460, so if there are no other issues, that is maybe a fix for my Nvidia setup.:cautious:

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @Sebastiii
    General feedback:- v280 is still working very well for me(y), I glad I'm not the only one who has seen the clunky zapping and pixelation (well observed daWookys smurfs). Also I am still sometimes seeing ongoing very high rendering times 5+x normal) after starting a 3D vid, just restarting the video usually returns it to normal, this is not new with v280 but occurred on earlier versions as well. It could be an Nvidia issue as I do not recall seeing it when I was using the AMD RX460.

BTW although I am generally very pleased with the GTX 1050 Ti I am going to give the RX 460 another go, most likely next week, because I think it is maybe worth seeing if the latest drivers have resolved any of the problems I was having (GeYes reports are encouraging) and ofc I still would like to get PowerDVD 15 3D playback working again. It would be good to be again able to play from within MP (PDVD set up as the external player in MovPics) an original disk in 3D, as before the change to Nvidia. The option of playing an original BD3D disk is important for me as I don't have either the storage space or the inclination to rip everything before playing it (some things I've bought arn't worth it):oops:.
    On that subject since it is now possible to play BD3D in MP from an .iso is there any hope for the future that it may also be made to work from an inserted disk? That would make PowerDVD completely redundantand for me.:cool:
    I should also be able to check if the very high render times also occurr with it the RX460 and get back to you.

Other than that great stuff.:):):)

You can play BD-3D iso in 3D only if you disable the bd's menu in MP configuration; this occours because with the menu active is no more used the LAV Splitter.

I don't know if this can be fixed ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can play BD-3D iso in 3D only if you disable the bd's menu in MP configuration; this occours because with the menu active is no more used the LAV Splitter.

I don't know if this can be fixed ...

I do know that a BD3D iso will play, in 3D (which is what I said) with the settings as you correctly described, my question though was:- Will it ever be possible/feasible to do the same with from a physical disk in the BD player? Which is a different question.;)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I do know that a BD3D iso will play, in 3D (which is what I said) with the settings as you correctly described, my question though was:- Will it ever be possible/feasible to do the same with from a physical disk in the BD player? Which is a different question.;)

Yes, works exactly like with the ISO, just tried with AVATAR, obviously you need to use Anydvd ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, works exactly like with the ISO, just tried with AVATAR, obviously you need to use Anydvd ...

Many thanks for that and WOW so it does work!:cool: I don't have AnyDVD on my HTPC so always got an error but just tried it on my desktop with a free version of DVDfab Passkey and yes it plays perfectly (in 2D at least, no 3D on my desktop).
    So............. my next question is can MP be made to perform this feat without having to use AnyDVD or similar? Playing an iso does not require AnyDVD, so what is the difference?
    I am not a fan of AnyDVD and there ongoing or NOTlifetime subsciptions and prefer not to get involved or at least pay for possibly lilegal software particularly when it costs more than a legal player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom