[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (12 Viewers)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just updated to test build v327 and am happy to report that the issue I had with D3D11 decoding when restarting playback of a video from some place other than the beginning of the file is gone.(y)

I have a question for the devs: I check "Disable low latency rendering mode" to avoid having the GUI flicker when it is displayed at the same time as a video, and the delay is fine with me when navigating through the menus, however there is one place where it is annoying which is the zap/skip steps OSD.
    Could it be possible to add an option "Disable low latency rendering except on zap/skip OSD" if it is technically feasible?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Hmm i don't think it was easy to add because when GUI is rendering, it's the GUI rendering (topbar / OSD / etc.).
    The 'disable low latency' option is to try to avoid to have the GUI responsive and then trying to avoid flickering because the GUI is becoming slow.
    When this option is checked, it permit to avoid the present queue set to 2/2 and but the GUI is rendering slowly.

If the option is not checked and then you have all working good, then better to keep it like this.

If you have flickering, you can play with the other option (reduce frame), the reduce frame should only happened when the GUI is displayed :)

For ex, on my laptop, changing some value in present frame in advance and flush setting, permit to reduce a lot the fickering (TV Guide is a good candidate on my side lol).

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello :)
    what annoys with zap/osd? delay or flicker? @el Filou
    because the findings with the 'disable low latency' option differs so much from the hardware that's used, what happens exactly?
    if you don't need a high quality downscaling and you have a lot dropped frames especially with osd and video at the same time, perhaps play also with a lower madvr image downscaling setting e.g. bicubic 60 ar, dxva...also pretty dependent on the hardware used but it can help reducing guide flicker without any extra options set in mepo ;)

Last edited:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Delay is more annoying than flicker on the zap/seek OSD which is why I keep the default config, but then I have flickering on menus.
    You're right, this happens especially on SD content where I use higher quality settings.
    In addition I just updated to Windows 1703 which brings more things to test and problems so it doesn't help. :whistle:

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    just saying ....
    on my sistems lowering postprocessing configuration made the magic, flickering totally has gone from months. Using pp settings that brings rendering time on the edge of vsync accetable timings makes the gui flickering.
    Also I don't use anymore FSE it brings more issues than advantages, i'm using windowed mode (dx11) and all goes perfect.
    Using those two practices made me able also , finally, to use 10bit output.

bye

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    madshi has just released a new build with a new screenshot functionnality, but he says the media player must be using "IBasicVideo::GetCurrentImage()"
    I've tried it with MP's F11 but the produced image is till black. Does MP uses this API call for screenshoting when using madVR as renderer?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    guess you have tried it only with d3d11 :p
    quick tryout with d3d9 - f11 screenshot still works
    16-15-40.png

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nope, but it did work before? so then it will return soon:p ... also bear in mind, its again a fresh madvr feature ;)
    i already played a bit with it (mphc) and imho. its damn funny funktion:Dbut recently the new additional screenshot functions are not yet available within mepo
    jfyi. attached shots made with 50% and 800%, ngu sharp with added grain:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• [F1. SD] Ratatouille (2007).mkv_snapshot_01.14_[2017.09.15_17.50.17].png
      [F1. SD] Ratatouille (2007).mkv_snapshot_01.14_[2017.09.15_17.50.17].png
      162.8 KB
    • [F1. SD] Ratatouille (2007).mkv_snapshot_01.28_[2017.09.15_17.51.18].png
      34.3 MB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    madshi has just released a new build with a new screenshot functionnality, but he says the media player must be using "IBasicVideo::GetCurrentImage()"
    I've tried it with MP's F11 but the produced image is till black. Does MP uses this API call for screenshoting when using madVR as renderer?

I'm working with him to make this possible with MP but mate, it has comes with bug on MP side, so i have something working but not great, in fact the whole week was going to bed around 2H00 at night lol.
    I'm a little tired but yeah this is the week-end :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom