Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The reason i think it is .sub/idx is because they are bitmap subtitles and got their own position instruction already encoded in the .idx file.

And if the .idx table was not modified for a 3D movie then they will have wrong position. In other words my guess is that ur .sub files were ripped from a 2D movie and have position instructions for it.

Dont take my word on it but it might be just that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    There are apps that can convert .sub to .srt

Try it and see if it works.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    There are also apps that can convert a .sub/.idx to make it 3D compatible. Never tried it but i dont see why it would not work.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know ;) but I also remembered that those free apps are a bit to blame for this [emoji14]

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Kotik, are you able to test a new bin ? (but you need to update to latest madVR version in first post).
    I'm on V337 here with change that will only works with MPC-HC engine, in fact i reset the width when we are in SBS or TAB but i can only do that for the upper eye (TAB) or left (SBS) but it works.
    I can't detect if the subs is already in 3D, but now normal subs can be seen with madVR and MPC-HC engine (should be) not perfectly but i fear that i can't more :(
    Best would be that madVR it self handle the duplicate :)

For information, i'm working to fix the selection of subtitle engine because XySubfilter can't be used with EVR/VMR (it's because EVR need to handle such that i can't code).
    So for now, we will have a message when EVR/VMR is selected in video renderer when selection XySubfilter that it will not works lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here go :) V339
    http://tinyurl.com/y7f27277 (Installer)

Link to github :p
    Commits · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub

Changes :
    madVR V336 (WIP 3D subtitle for Auto3D plugins)
    madVR V337 (fix memory leak on FrameGrabber when grabbing current image)
    madVR V338 (Don't try to render subtitle by MP with Xy-SubFilter, because it works directly with madVR, only handling of change stream and option are done by MP)
    madVR V339 (Added check against to be able to select XySubfilter only if madVR is selected in video renderer section)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Kotik, are you able to test a new bin ? (but you need to update to latest madVR version in first post).
    I'm on V337 here with change that will only works with MPC-HC engine, in fact i reset the width when we are in SBS or TAB but i can only do that for the upper eye (TAB) or left (SBS) but it works.
    I can test later today for regression but i cannot test the 3D subtitles in SBS 3D cause i don't have any SBS 3D.

Generally 3D subtitles in SBS movies will never be 100 perfect. The reason is that the movie depth is constantly changing and with it one must change the depth of 3D subtitles as well, otherwise u will most likely get scenes where the movies objects will cut through the subtitles, to compensate for this issue subtitle renderers will set a static fixed depth to SBS subtitles and hope that this depth is enough to avoid any issues.

The way it works with MVC 3D movies is dynamic, madvr is changing the subtitle depth constantly by checking video data in a 3D movie, if the video data suggests that there is higher depth it will change the subtitle depth accordingly, this depth info is present in a 3D blueray, but not present in a SBS file.

This is the reason why getting 3D subtitles working in a SBS movie is painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom