[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TVGuide could be tricky but i can't reproduce because i didn't find an 4:3 and maybe it can be dependent of GUIDE setting, i mean the line number etc.
    Can you screenshot the TV Guide ? Mine is close to empty for ex.

I'm not a good one for testing lol because i never start TV from guide like in france the EPG didn't work nicely (ok i can use xmltv grabber, it better but not like i want lol).

But still i can't find a good 4:3 to test !!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Seb, I appreciat your efforts as always. (y)(y)

To replicate you need to navigate to TV guide, and then find a 4:3 (possibly only SD need check) channel. It will appear in top left corner in small, you can't fullscreen or return to the guide but you can press stop. The logs show me selecting Play Your Cards Right on Challenge, stopping, then doing it again then quitting MP.

A workaround is to start the content from 'Live TV", or zap to it from another channel (though that is not 100% reliable).

cheers!

So you mean that it appear in left corner and the other part of screen are black ?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    So you mean that it appear in left corner and the other part of screen are black ?
    No it appears in the corner (rough guess res 320x240 but not the raw video native res) the guide is still present and there is a progress indicator flashing in the middle of the screen. I'll grab a photo in a bit.

Also, the problem has occurred on both Dave (the other day during Blackadder) and Challenge (tonight with Brucey)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It's photo time! Here is the guide with issue:
    iPhone-img_0910.jpg

And here is it working via Live TV (casually inserted to show off new 180 LED ambilight :) )
    iPhone-img_0911.jpg

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not such problems over here, going fullscreen as it should

@kenwonders do u have this on all program with 4:3 airing when toggle on from the bigguide?
    independent from the skin used?

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @kenwonders
    Can you try to disable ffdshow raw post process in TV process section ?
    Maybe it's was already disable but worth a try :)
    It was, it's now uninstalled just in case.

not such problems over here, going fullscreen as it should

@kenwonders do u have this on all program with 4:3 airing when toggle on from the bigguide?
    independent from the skin used?
    Only with SD content it would seem. Murder She Wrote on ITVHD in 4:3 just fine. Any SD channel currently showing 4:3 however does this.

Damn it!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't reproduce :(
    I have try on SD content but not the same resolution, i have try many channel, it's really weird :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you two running MePo in the same resolution? I know that as I have to adjust for overscan on my Plasma TV, some elements doesn't fully comply with the re-sizing. The Music Now Playing and the TV Guide both need me to go back to the previous window again, then back to TV Guide/Music Now playing. Same goes for the video overlay in some skins.

Emph

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    strange bug, maybe wrong broadcast flag or something weird, something gets confused.
    the only regression with v50 i had on every igpu, hd and iris crap. that little peace of..... drive me nuts.
    fine tuned mad settings till the rendertime is close to 10ms or below on allmost every input, even oc igpu a bit ^^

Problemdesc:
    when live tv gets started the frames drop like hell and choppy playback even on fullscreen zapping, sometimes it's working
    if not, and the dropping frame bug continues i found a simple fix: zap to the second tuner - then frames play smooth, without drops all is good again even next zap
    affects only on intel gpu.

v50 is a pretty decent version (y)(y)(y)
    have a nice weekend guys
    cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom