[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have notice framedrop too when refresh rate was not enable on madvr side, I think it was that setting that permit to stop the dropped frame.
    We can't test live tv with mpc-hc so hard to compare, I have an HD4000 while working on madVR, so for now I didn't notice dropped frame.
    I have done a v51. https://github.com/Sebastiii/MediaPortal-1/commit/206ebce35c3249227e2a31dc2108a5f8779f66a8
    didn't make a bin for now, it seems to fix an issue while stopping or when vmr9 is release (for ex between zap tuner) so maybe it fix something.

Does the dropped frame happen on recording from 2 differents tuners ?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Are you two running MePo in the same resolution? I know that as I have to adjust for overscan on my Plasma TV, some elements doesn't fully comply with the re-sizing. The Music Now Playing and the TV Guide both need me to go back to the previous window again, then back to TV Guide/Music Now playing. Same goes for the video overlay in some skins.

Emph
    Hi thanks for the thought, sadly I'm running raw 1080p with no clever stuff bar RGB, full range and matched refresh rates.

I've tried a few things to fix this, but it's been in the madVR builds since the start for me. Will keep trying.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I remember too putting some option in madvr lead to dropped frame NNEDI3 for ex but i think some other options too and for live tv only though i did test recording HD tv and it happen too :)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Sebastiii Would it be possible to add an option to have madvr for all videos (videos, moving-pictures and TVSeries) and EVR only for TV. It could be usefull because with madvr, watching OTA channels results in lots of dropped frames for me.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Would be better to fix the TV side :)
    Every thing is possible but maybe not an easy part to do, so i think better to post log + tag @Owlsroost maybe it can see something like TsReader maybe need something for madVR.

On my side, when using LAV Splitter, the GPU RAM stay stable like with TsReader it grow up so something happen here.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Are you two running MePo in the same resolution? I know that as I have to adjust for overscan on my Plasma TV, some elements doesn't fully comply with the re-sizing. The Music Now Playing and the TV Guide both need me to go back to the previous window again, then back to TV Guide/Music Now playing. Same goes for the video overlay in some skins.

Emph
    Hi thanks for the thought, sadly I'm running raw 1080p with no clever stuff bar RGB, full range and matched refresh rates.

I've tried a few things to fix this, but it's been in the madVR builds since the start for me. Will keep trying.

One thing could be nice, is to have fresh log :)
    1- TVGuide issue with madVR
    2- TVGuide with EVR

To try to compare both log, it will surely not help much but cool to test.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Palm_Maniac @daWooky

Fresh log too for dropped frame could be nice to have too :)

From an expert :) it can be possible that :

it can be trigger by SD material, and upscaling that is killing GPU or maybe it is 50 fps vs. 23.976 but log will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom