[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (12 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi again, after many hours of peaceful TV sailing, MP hit an iceberg. It froze on channel change, I've grabbed madVR freeze log too. Must be a rarer deadlock or something.

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      60.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep not sure what happened here, the freeze logs seems to not shown any deadlock :( and MP logs can maybe lead to an idea of freeze related to subtitle but i'm not sure too :(

Maybe related to the seek :
    CVideoRenderer.SeekCallback from freeze report

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have already add the call seek to start in a thread but there is another one too not in thread so maybe worth a try to adding it :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    v414 has had no issues despite me trying lots of changes/stops. I performed quite a few cross DVB-T/-S changes too (which is where I think the problem occured before) and it's fine. I'll keep checking for issues. If there's any other changes you want me to test out, now is a good time.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For now, i think you did the test i want you to test :)
    I hope that the freeze is related to the seek and it will be fixed :p

I'm working on my own build for now on RefreshRate delay (hardcoded for now to 10s) after the video start and i have added a Nuget package about a lib that permit to analyse video (from ffprobe) when mediainfo failed to detect framerate.

Why adding this ? it seems that DRR can trigger issue (no enable correctly 3D / HDR for ex), so when disabling DRR it works, so adding a delay to start the refresh rate later can be nice to have.

To have it working, we need to use MP1 DRR instead of madVR one.
    This code can be only enable if madVR is in use but not with EVR. (need to add a bool for it)

For now i will test on my side to look how it does (i don't have HDR lol)

But with this new delay code, i'm hoping it doesn't broke the for 3D (SBS/TAB) change i have made for @alexdepalma, it should works but i didn't fully test that part :p

Still that not related to the freeze (seek issue) so for now we are good :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Cool, still working here. I've not got HDR and I'm not really doing 3d anymore, every time I try and use the glasses the batteries are flat, as I forget to take them out The family prefer non 3d anyway as it will not mean bothering dad when it inevitably doesn't work properly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom