[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

Freuli

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Good morning,
I think it was my mistake. There is no DRR with Amazon Prime, but it is using a browser player.
I started several movies yesterday and also I watched TV without any issues.
The only observation is with madvr and TV, that e.g. watching ski races with fast moves I have brief artefacts. Is this a known issue?

Sebastiii, now I have only the problem when I switch on my AV receiver, that the screen stays black. Without MP, Windows screen is coming back. For reactivating MP, I have to press windows key. Would it be possible to handle that as well?

Do you need some more tests regarding madvr?

Regards
Markus

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good morning :)

About the artefacts, it a non known issue but it's maybe not fully related to madVR (or maybe settings in madVR is too strong for you GPU), you can always try to use EVR for LiveTV only (with that options) :
    upload_2018-1-5_9-9-12.png

I need log for the blackscreen issue :p

Could you make logs from V6 to V8 ? (i know it's a pain to install different version but it's to understand and try to see some diff)

With V8, i have try to add a hack for the black screen so could be nice to test AVR ON/OFF and or seems to happen also on resume right ?

About the more test about madVR, yes you can try to see if you reproduce the crash if MP is in windowed mode :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow it's a little change to try to avoid the D3D crash exception, in fact this happen randomly when GC (Garbage collector) cleanup old D3D ressource but i'm not sure why it wasn't the case before lol.
    Ofc other guys can try it :p (need log too when it works :p)
    Thanks.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow it's a little change to try to avoid the D3D crash exception, in fact this happen randomly when GC (Garbage collector) cleanup old D3D ressource but i'm not sure why it wasn't the case before lol.
    It was still the same with V8 but V9 seems to have fixed it(y)(y)(y):). No crashes for a extended test run in windowed mode and also all OK in fullscreen. Attached are the error free logs from the test session.
    Great work.:D

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_01_18__12_07.zip
      507.6 KB

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hello Sebastiii,
    because of the feedback of jocrow, do you still need tests in windowed mode?
    The tick in the box "stop...". Should it be on or off? I have it still off, means no tick in the box.
    I installed v9 and made the AVR on/off test. Unfortunately the screen stays black. regarding the log. I started MP, screen was there, I switched the AVR on, screen stays black. I reactivated the screen with the window key. Then I switched off the AVR and again the screen stays black. Reactivation with window key.

With v9, starting and stopping mkvs, everything is running smooth. Do you need also logs, if everything is ok?

Regards
    Markus

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_AVR on_off.zip
      126.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Freuli

We can go the V9 way :p
    Yes the box 'stop...' must be OFF, if it's ON, the playback will be stopped.
    Could you test with the box checked and post logs to see if the stop goes smoothly or with error ?

Thanks for logs will analyse it and did you read this : Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos :p
    Maybe it will solve the blackscreen on your side ?

A quick test when all is OK with logs can be nice too, for comparaison thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom