[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First time I tried V7 TV & vid OK but Madvr crash when trying to play OV Live (ZDF), it played anyway till I hit stop and the "Close App.". Madvr and logs attached. Again not reproducible.:(

Attachments

• madVR - crash report.txt
      104.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_04_01_18__11_24.zip
      397.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will look @ home but it seems on stop texture are released and lead to an exception -> crash :) need to figure out why :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey :)
    I didn't use much OV but using Itunes trailers, on my side DRR is switched correctly from madVR (madVR detect the framerate) :p
    But i didn't test other part of OV.
    I just double checked on my HTPC and agree DRR from Madvr is being switched correctly there. On my test PC (Desktop) I have very limited monitor modes (no 25p) so can't always see frame rate matching, hence my question.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow can you enable this options and try again to see if you can trigger the crash ?

upload_2018-1-4_13-42-30.png

upload_2018-1-4_13-42-16.png

Somehow and i'm not sure why MP detect a windows resolution change :
    Main: WM_SIZE (SIZE_RESTORED: 1744x981)

And then rebuild the swap chain and it's here that sometimes D3D is not fully ready and can lead to a crash, but i'm not sure why windows does that (the resolution change)
    Thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can you enable this options and try again to see if you can trigger the crash ?
    With that setting so far it has not crashed. I will continue testing.
    UPDATE:- Spoke to soon, after an MP restart tried TV and got a BSOD straight away, after the reboot TV no longer works:(, nothing on screen but preview in TV Config is OK, log attached. Will install 1.9pre to correct and test with baseline.
    UPDATE:-2 Now on 1.9pre plus revert back to Lav 0.70.02 (so no more D3D11), also eased back on some of the Madvr Scaling. Now all looking solid in Fullscreen mode but can still get Madvr crashes if windowed. I will try and detail with logs later.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_01_18__14_27.zip
      358.6 KB
    Last edited:

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi, installed V7 and a brief check showed no porblems. Will watch TV tonight, hopefully without crashes ;-)
    But I need help wit OV. I installed the version of Sebastiii but there is no DRR. I tried a 24Hz movie, but no frequency change was done.

regards
    Markus

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Can you try with Itunes trailers for example ?

For example my settings for madVR, for sure OV send framerate info and madVR switch to the correct freq on my side (at least for itunes trailers)

You can screenshot the CTRL+J madVR stats and post here ?

Thanks.

upload_2018-1-4_17-57-48.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, installed V7 and a brief check showed no porblems. Will watch TV tonight, hopefully without crashes ;-)
    But I need help wit OV. I installed the version of Sebastiii but there is no DRR. I tried a 24Hz movie, but no frequency change was done.

regards
    Markus

Can you try also V6 and post logs and logs with V7 :p
    Thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me both 1.9pre and v7 work without problems in Fullscreen (with or without the "Ignore etc." setting ticked). Both however crash Madvr intermittently in Windowed mode, a combination of playing TV with zap and then the Elysium demo seem to cause the problem quite quickly. Attached are a crash report and logs from V7

Attachments

• madVR - crash report.txt
      56.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_04_01_18__20_00.zip
      433.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom