Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Morning :)
    Yep invalid should not break madVR :)
    Can you start MP with watchdog first option to collect logs ?
    Because this is strange.

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello @Sebastiii I am encountering an issue since updating from v407 to v460: many times, MP freezes the picture when stopping playback. The application itself doesn't freeze because it reacts to Alt+F4. This does not happen all the time because I've tried reproducing it by force by playing for 2/4/8/16 minutes straight then stopping and I can't get it to happen so I think it only happens after some events during playback like many pauses/seeks.
    I have attached a log file where that happened. I pressed stop at 12:02:21, but the picture froze and MP only came back to its GUI at 12:02:07. It 'unfroze' just when I had Alt+Tabbed to the log folder, so I don't know it that 'unblocked' MP or not. If it happens again I will wait in MP to see if it eventually comes back to GUI by itself after the same time.
    Is there some other way I can get you information? madVR doesn't crash so I don't know if I can get a report from it.
    This is not the end of the world because I can just Alt+F4 and then open MP again, just not very user friendly haha. :LOL:

In other news I'm happy to say I was able to open a BD-J menu at last with v460. :cool: I think something was wrong with my old 1.18 build.

Only thing I still have to test is a DVD because I noticed I had an issue with v407 where I sometimes got a random black screen when navigating DVD menus. Will try to test that this evening.

Apart from that madVR (latest 0.02.12) and MP are working just fine, but I'm not using FSE, 3D, Win1709 or even DRR so I guess I'm not the best test user case. ;)

EDIT: forgot one issue !! Yesterday I watched a Blu-ray with MPC-HC because MP wouldn't show subs no matter what (title was Inglourious Basterds), and at one point the HTPC went into standby during playback because the MediaPortal.exe process hadn't exited correctly so PowerScheduler thought "fine, let's go to sleep". I'm now checking Task Manager every time I exit MP to see if the process gets stuck again and if it happens again I'll send a log.
    Has that happened to anyone else? Does anyone have problems with Blu-ray subs?

Thanks again for your fantastic support for madVR and MP1 ! (y)

Attachments

• madVR_v460_FreezeOnStop.zip
      39.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will analyse logs and answering in more details but yes there is something wrong in MP with latest madVR version, trying to pinpoint what exactly with madshi :p
    So yes subtitle are displayed outside the screen or in furtif mode and logs are full filled because wrong detection ratio.
    It works with MPC-HC so need to know if this can be fixed on MP side :)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It's happened again but I can't get anything from madVR because as I was suspecting, it 'unfreezes' as soon as I try lol
    If I Alt+Tab, press the Windows key or anything else that makes MP lose focus, then the stopped video frame disappears and it gets back to the GUI. Really weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom