[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii seems the bottom navigation / seek bar isn't showing up on keyboard actions like skip for instance (left / right / up / down), does show up with middle mouse down though.
    Saw this too, I think it happened in a build from yesterday I saw it last night but forgot. We're just saving up the bugs for ya Seb :)

I think it's related to the Topbar2 and OSD, i need to reproduce it first :) surely something is missing with the new code.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I have more info on another problem :) If I channel change to a 4:3 channel from any 16:9 (SD or HD), it is over to the left. If I start the 4:3 channel from nothing, it works fine.
    If it goes to adverts on this channel, they are correctly in 16:9, but when it returns to 4:3 it goes back to the left again. The issue can be cured by going to GUI and back fullscreen.

Here's a pic:

43.jpg

Any chance you could take a look?

That is SD TV, I went to EVR earlier on, OMG. what a difference :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I agree. But just because I first tuned an SD channel on same card. If I go direct to the HD channel, rendering time normal (the other picture)
    what version u tried it?
    tried it with v72 v73 on client (singleseat running v70 tv 24h+ (y))
    pic one sd to hd tune, pic two direct -cant reproduce but align to to top makes me suspicious :whistle:

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
      Screenshot (37).png
      3.6 MB
    • Screenshot (38).png
      Screenshot (38).png
      2.8 MB
    Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes I agree. But just because I first tuned an SD channel on same card. If I go direct to the HD channel, rendering time normal (the other picture)
    what version u tried it?
    tried it with v72 on client (singleseat running v70 tv 24h+ (y))
    pic one sd to hd tune, pic two direct -cant reproduce but align to to top makes me suspicious :whistle:

I'm on Core V73:confused:
    Also use D3D11

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just want to confirm hang on channel change not related to AtmoLight. I just got it with a quick non atmolight test. It's regular enough to suggest to me it must be recent too.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    what version u tried it?

Can you try to stop timeshift first, then tune SD channel and then directly with remote to any HD channel? ( To avoid stop timeshift. Also try D3D11 MadVr option)
    Also just notice your HD Channel is 720 and mine 1080. Cold be the difference?

May be your hardware is strong enough to apply low sd channels settings to hd image. Will you mind to check your rending time? Maybe it changes

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    what version u tried it?

Can you try to stop timeshift first, then tune SD channel and then directly with remote to any HD channel? ( To avoid stop timeshift. Also try D3D11 MadVr option)
    Also just notice your HD Channel is 720 and mine 1080. Cold be the difference?

May be your hardware is strong enough to apply low sd channels settings to hd image. Will you mind to check your rending time? Maybe it changes

I did the test my self. Didn't happened either with your channel. I receivit on Astra 19.

Mine channels are on IPTV, on same card. dont kwows what the problem could be.

Any suggestions?
    any log collection that may help?

Attachments

• tesd hd.png
      tesd hd.png
      4.2 MB

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to stop timeshift first, then tune SD channel and then directly with remote to any HD channel?
    sure
    pic one (48) sd firstrun, pic two (49) hd change, pic(50) full hd interlced 1080

Screenshot (48).png Screenshot (49).png Screenshot (50).png
    the hardware is way to strong^^

Also try D3D11 MadVr option
    no need to enable it for tv or by default madvr will enable it if needed (happened on latest 3d tests ^^)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok
    Can you try to stop timeshift first, then tune SD channel and then directly with remote to any HD channel?
    sure
    pic one (48) sd firstrun, pic two (49) hd change, pic(50) full hd interlced 1080

View attachment 179112 View attachment 179114 View attachment 179113
    the hardware is way to strong^^

Also try D3D11 MadVr option
    no need to enable it for tv or by default madvr will enable it if needed (happened on latest 3d tests ^^)

Ok.
    After more testing, I could reproduce your test and the problem is not present on my system from SD to HD 720 or 1080 on SAT and DVB-T channels.

So the problem seems from SD to HD on the same IPTV card.:(

I didn't knows about D3D11. I've tested and you are right, no need to be active. It changes automatically to play 3D! Lol

Any body with IPTV to reproduce the test? :D

Thanks
    A

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom