Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here's a zap hang stack:

Not Flagged 3892 0 Worker Thread madVR.ax thread dshowhelper.dll!CCritSec::Lock Highest
    ntdll.dll!_NtWaitForAlertByThreadId@8()
    ntdll.dll!@RtlpWaitOnAddressWithTimeout@16()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpWaitOnAddress()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpWaitOnCriticalSection()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpEnterCriticalSectionContended()
    ntdll.dll!_RtlEnterCriticalSection@4()
    dshowhelper.dll!CCritSec::Lock() Line 50
    dshowhelper.dll!CAutoLock::CAutoLock(CCritSec * plock) Line 98
    dshowhelper.dll!MPMadPresenter::RenderOsd(const char * name, __int64 frameStart, tagRECT * fullOutputRect, tagRECT * activeVideoRect) Line 271
    madVR.ax!4a4876bf()
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for madVR.ax]
    madVR.ax!4a49b3f5()

Hoping this is the same cause as the madVR error, as the black screen is now far more likely than this issue.

Hi :)

It would be needed to get the other call stack as well (the thread that calls the Shutdown())
    So what we need to know is that if Shutdown() has been run prior to that crash :D

So pushed new code from Tourettes (Thanks) and attached release dll/pdb for reproduce the crash with hoping more information :)

Hello.
    Testing V86Bis
    I've found several thing before it freezes on channel change.

First, some MadVr Procesing errors messages at the first seconds of channel change (on new tuned channel). See picture.
    I saw this message very occasionally before. Some times accompanied by errors in de-interlacing (interlace image not deinterlaced).

I've also seen on zap from channel A to channel B, OSD shows 3 different channel names on the screen before tuning channel B. no crash, no freeze, simple OSD showing several channels before A to B change. (A and B are in sequence in my channel list). OSD shown before the zap, consist on channels which aren't in between A and B. not related, may be in buffer memory?

And finally the freeze. This time, no timeshift running after. I changed channel once but happened like if few remote key presses where press in sequence, it jumped to several channels ahead. on returning to the pretended channel (several back), MP get freezes.

here logs
    freeze around 11:55h

Edit: an additional thing to mention is that OSD zap (the image shown by MP regarding channel logo, channel, name, program name and progress bar) should be visible during few seconds on top of the new tuned channel. Here, it disappears before the actual channel is shown.
    Also on this version, several times I get a bank image on new channel (audio is properly received). Very occasionally (rare) on V75 + 2gb core

Thanks for the report :)
    Yep OSD can act strangely, need to see what can be best, but it's because i display all layer when in fullscreen, so maybe need to do it differently.
    About the freeze, it seems to be freezed always at the same place :)

Need to look again :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :)
    When it happen (the freeze) again could you try to create a freeze report : (i have set it to ctrl+T) thanks :)

upload_2016-5-27_13-45-18.png

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    When it happen (the freeze) again could you try to create a freeze report : (i have set it to ctrl+T) thanks :)

View attachment 179277

Here I come

I've another freeze but...

the Ctrl+T worked before the freeze but when MP actually freezed the Ctrl T doesn't respond,.

Here are logs again plus mad report. The mad report was actually get before the freeze because MP showed the black screen problem.

I don't know how to get it if actually freezed[DOUBLEPOST=1464351407][/DOUBLEPOST]

View attachment 179277

Here I come

I've another freeze but...

the Ctrl+T worked before the freeze but when MP actually freezed the Ctrl T doesn't respond,.

Here are logs again plus mad report. The mad report was actually get before the freeze because MP showed the black screen problem.

I don't know how to get it if actually freezed

Actually it happened again and could collect logs. At the same time happened black screen and freeze

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report blanc screen on zap (1).txt
      61.7 KB
    • madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      59.7 KB
    Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry My post is getting merged and messed.:confused:

The simultaneous blank screen and Freeze report is:
    MadVR -freeze report- (1).txtx and the logs 27_05_16_14_15.zip

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    With 86 debugging, I get the issue and searching threads for dshowhelper is only bringing two:

Not Flagged 3200 0 Worker Thread madVR.ax thread dshowhelper.dll!CCritSec::Lock Highest
    ntdll.dll!_NtWaitForAlertByThreadId@8()
    ntdll.dll!@RtlpWaitOnAddressWithTimeout@16()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpWaitOnAddress()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpWaitOnCriticalSection()
    ntdll.dll!RtlpEnterCriticalSectionContended()
    ntdll.dll!_RtlEnterCriticalSection@4()
    dshowhelper.dll!CCritSec::Lock() Line 50
    dshowhelper.dll!CAutoLock::CAutoLock(CCritSec * plock) Line 98
    dshowhelper.dll!MPMadPresenter::RenderOsd(const char * name, __int64 frameStart, tagRECT * fullOutputRect, tagRECT * activeVideoRect) Line 286
    madVR.ax!4a4876bf()
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for madVR.ax]
    madVR.ax!4a49b3f5()
    madVR.ax!4a4eafe8()
    madVR.ax!4a4eafe8()
    madVR.ax!4a4eb084()
    madVR.ax!4a4e8f7f()
    madVR.ax!4a4c146a()
    KernelBase.dll!_GetVersionExW@4()
    KernelBase.dll!_GetVersionExA@4()
    madVR.ax!4a4d0d86()
    madVR.ax!4a466631()

Not Flagged 968 0 Worker Thread msvcr120.dll!_threadstartex dshowhelper.dll!CAMEvent::Wait Below Normal
    ntdll.dll!_NtWaitForSingleObject@12()
    KernelBase.dll!_WaitForSingleObjectEx@12()
    KernelBase.dll!_WaitForSingleObject@8()
    dshowhelper.dll!CAMEvent::Wait(unsigned long dwTimeout) Line 128
    dshowhelper.dll!LogThread(void * param) Line 259
    msvcr120.dll!_callthreadstartex() Line 376
    msvcr120.dll!_threadstartex(void * ptd) Line 354
    kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk@12()
    ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart()
    ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8()

Logs will be attached in a minute when I get to the tv machine. Let me know if there's more debug stuff I can provide.

EDIT: Logs attached, including ful madVR debug log.

Attachments

• madvrdebugd.zip
      32 MB
    Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Another bit of visible evidence: 85 and 86 do not appear to raise the rendering times to vsync value 'so often'. This is regarding the issue whereby sometimes the rendering time in madVR is raised to the vync timing value (as if something is 'holding' the rendering process for the lengh of the vsync timing).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Another bit of visible evidence: 85 and 86 do not appear to raise the rendering times to vsync value 'so often'. This is regarding the issue whereby sometimes the rendering time in madVR is raised to the vync timing value (as if something is 'holding' the rendering process for the lengh of the vsync timing).
    So is this good ? [emoji4]

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    So is this good ? [emoji4]
    Psychologically yes :)

It the lower values are correct then I have more NNEDI3 neurons to spend on PQ :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this is new with V85 but;-

When playing anything (TV, HD, SD OV +++) in fullscreen mode if I toggle to windowed mode then stop the playback I get a blackscreen hang, no response to remote except until I toggle back to fullscreen and then everything goes back to normal. Same thing the other way round i.e. play video in windowed mode then toggle to fullscreen then stop playback....blackscreen hang.o_O
    100% reproducible on my HTPC.:eek:
    No problem with playback and stop as long as I don't toogle.;)
    Can upload logs if required.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure if this is new with V85 but;-

When playing anything (TV, HD, SD OV +++) in fullscreen mode if I toggle to windowed mode then stop the playback I get a blackscreen hang, no response to remote except until I toggle back to fullscreen and then everything goes back to normal. Same thing the other way round i.e. play video in windowed mode then toggle to fullscreen then stop playback....blackscreen hang.o_O
    100% reproducible on my HTPC.:eek:
    No problem with playback and stop as long as I don't toogle.;)
    Can upload logs if required.

Always for log :) and more with madvr freeze report :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom