[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just in case it matters, here's another go.
    Thanks (y)

To me it looks like the crash is caused by/during the call to ResetD3DDevice(), which seems to be something specific to this MadVR branch...

That's the big hack i talk about :)

On my rig, it's hard to trigger the blackscreen, but i can get sometimes the screen blinking, in fact Tourettes explain us that it's because Skin engine can't render anything else a get lost and directX render last few frame (before the madVR window appear.

It seems that resetting the D3D stuff (like it was done from an ALT+ENTER) it reset the whole skin engine and MP should be back on train, but in fact, it seems to crash too with NET error.

I can try something else but that for tonight (i think), in the V2 branch, i dispose madVR before disposing the player, maybe this need to be done like before :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact for the dispose, just needed a change in core.dll :)
    So for testing it, we just need to use V2 branch and replace core.dll from attached file.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After updating to 0.68 LAV and using the new core with V2, 3D .mkvs now play in 3D (TV automatically switches), yes yes yes super(y)(y):D:):ROFLMAO:. Well done!!!! Stopping video playback no longer causes MP to crash, but there is still a problem live TV channel changing, audio with a black screen, alt+tab sometimes but not always restores video and sometimes channel change works ok. Attached log covers a short play of a 3D .mkv then live TV with channel changes and the black screen with alt+tab attempt to restore video, done with watchdog option 1.
    Hope this helps
    Joe

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you upload a 3D sample ?
    I would to try on my samsung TV :)

You didn't update the mediaportal.exe yet right ?

Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    After updating to 0.68 LAV and using the new core with V2, 3D .mkvs now play in 3D (TV automatically switches), yes yes yes super(y)(y):D:):ROFLMAO:. Well done!!!! Stopping video playback no longer causes MP to crash, but there is still a problem live TV channel changing, audio with a black screen, alt+tab sometimes but not always restores video and sometimes channel change works ok. Attached log covers a short play of a 3D .mkv then live TV with channel changes and the black screen with alt+tab attempt to restore video, done with watchdog option 1.
    Hope this helps
    Joe

About the TV, i think i have do something on my own branch, i will try to find the commit for that :) and maybe push a tvplugin dll to test :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you upload a 3D sample ?
    I would to try on my samsung TV :).

Will do but may take a while as I need to cut it down to size and I do not have a vid editor on my htpc, give me 30 mins or so.

You didn't update the mediaportal.exe yet right ?

Thanks.
    No should I? Also do I need to fill in the "Display Modes" field in the madvr settings?

The attached screen shot shows an attempt to play something via Online Videos (setup as before) the menu in the forground was flashing on and off rapidly, audio was playing, after hitting esc. (maybe twice) video playback started in fullscreen, sorry no log for that!
    online.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nope not needed the mediaportal.exe except if something failed.
    But it seems that the core is needed :)

I don't know for display modes, i remember setting something surely for refresh rate. madVR can do the refresh rate change on his own if i'm not wrong :p

Plugins should have an update for the change with madvr, i have added something but that not the correct way to do it so in final OV can failed.

But the blinking you are seeing happen also without OV and the ResetD3D hack should solve it on playback stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom