[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (12 Viewers)

rohnfe

Portal Pro
September 9, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

i am trying to understand what exactly the issue about 3D is you are talking about but to be honest i don`t quite get it:whistle:

For me 3D seems to work fine except that the TV is not switching to 3D mode by itself - should it do that? If yes how can i achieve that ?
And for me frame packed mkv(created from 3D bluray) is working fine as well as SBS .ts file or top/down... but i have read that madvr is only capable of framepacked... guess i understood something wrong here.

Maybe one of you can try to clarify this for me so that i might be able to help/test as well ;)

Btw. my gpu is a GTX 970 and 3D in settings is not configured in any way....

Greets

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The 3D issue we can get is that it doesn't switch to 3D (staying 2D) so we get an image SBS.
    If it goes to 3D, the TV should auto switch to 3D and on screen we can see 3D even if all is not fully ready until a mouse movement or something that get placed on screen (Windows Explorer for ex).

I just notice that playing directly a Blu-ray (not using internal player so it's using LAV Splitter) works too lol. So not only MKV works.

I did use recent LAV own build version (26/06/2016) 1 month ago so maybe Nevcairiel did something for it :)

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So what i get when playing a 3D file (.mkv/.ts) is i get an SBS or Top/Down Image and switch the TV to 3D mode manually which makes me see a perfect 3D image.
    Never had the problem with a mouse movement or explorer so far.
    So am i right that by saying madvr going to 3D means you don`t see an SBS image and the TV should switch automatically into 3D mode and stop 3D mode accordingly when the video is stopped/ends?

Btw. i am using latest LAV with 3D decoding enabled and 3D activated for madvr (exclusive mode DX11).
    I guess thats not the configuration you are speaking of right ? Unless it is working perfectly except the TV is not switching automatically is there any disadvantage by doing it that way?

Could you also let me know how the configuration must be set up (ndidia/LAV/madvr) in order to get what you are talking about?

And could you let me know what it means that Madvr and LAV can only handle framepacked 3D ? As SBS and Top/Down is working for me as well or am i getting something completly wrong here as framepacked mkv shows up as SBS for me before switching the TV to 3D mode manually?

I just notice that playing directly a Blu-ray (not using internal player so it's using LAV Splitter) works too lol. So not only MKV works.
    Did not know that lol. Thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So what i get when playing a 3D file (.mkv/.ts) is i get an SBS or Top/Down Image and switch the TV to 3D mode manually which makes me see a perfect 3D image.
    As I understand it if you have a frame packed vid that displays as SBS then manually switch the TV to 3D you will not get full quality, since the TV will be using the 2 halfs of a single 1920x1080 frame to produce the stereo image rather that 2 separate 1920x1080 frames.

I did not know that either but can confirm that using MPC-HC (with LAV3D and madvr) a BD3D image rip plays in 3D wow:cool:.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i am trying to understand what exactly the issue about 3D is you are talking about but to be honest i don`t quite get it:whistle:
    Hi!
    When we talk about 3D, is only related to Packet frame 3D image. So, original 3D contained in a Blue ray 3D disk. This can now be played with madvr if processed by latest MakeMkv.
    So if you have videos SBS or TBS (side by side or top and bottom) they already should be properly played by TV or projector if 3D capable. But those videos aren't Real 3D we are talking about. to play SBS or TBS videos, all 2D players work. Nothing special. TV or projector, depending on how are designed, automatically change to 3D or should manually changed. This 3D image is hidden in 2D video.

On Blue ray 3D, the technic is different. Called frame packet. 3D image played in 3D. TV and protector should automatically change to 3D image up on reception of BD 3D image (as far as I know all 3D TV and projectors do it auto)

Up to short time a go, only way of play Real 3D on PC was via expensive apps as PowerDvd and others. Now MediaPortal and Madvr offers this type of playback for free.

On our port to MediaPortal, we have found several problems depending of your graphic card chips brand. In all of them, if properly setup, your TV projector will go 3D and also the image (almost all graphics even Intel HD from hd300 are capable to play real 3D). On NVIDIA cards some times it doesn't show 3D image even if TV on 3D auto active.

Well come to testing!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep it's working here but maybe it's related to recent LAV Version, i have compiled the one (Git source code) from 1 month ago.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys, since the latest version there is a problemen when Im wstching a video using online videos. The movie will play, but than nothing is responding anymore. I cannot not rewind, Go back to menus or to basichome. Only way is waiting untill the video had veen finished. Is this a known bug?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 3 met Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom