[TV] Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

There is just the one inconsistency here. If you are in fullscreen TV, you get the 'are you sure' dialog, whereas if you are in 'home' or 'My TV' then 'stop' stops TV playback immediately without any warning.

I guess if we feel that there should be a warning about the timeshift buffer, then it should be shown every time you hit 'stop' when TV is playing, but I don't know how much work this would be.

Ultimately, it is far more inconvenient to hit stop accidentally and lose the end of a program you are watching, compared to being asked for confirmation and having to hit 'stop' again to confirm.

Best wishes,

Mark

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

Hi Mark,

First, many thanks for taking time to test this patch, great :)

The purpose of this patch is on 3 points :
    More important to least important.

1/ Separate Tv stop actions handling between MP and TVE.
    2/ Keep warning dialog box everywhere users could lost TimeShifting buffer in TVE but also in MP. (Please, try with stop TV everywhere in a MP GUI with TV overlay).
    ie : complete finish integration of this warning dialogbox.
    This also include TvFullScreen (but can be easily removed if really needed by the Team).
    If you press stop on TvFullScreen, you will see you go back in Tvhome screen with Tv off.
    3/ Avoid this warning dialogbox inside TvClient MP config, Notifier Tab.
    (optional since Chemelli post and, can also be easily removed by the Team with remove of all MPorsBcws-019 related code).

Best regards.
    Franck.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi framug,

thx a lot for looking into this, however if you could add an option in the config so the user can decide if he/she wants to show the dialog it would be much appreciated ;)

:D

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

Hi framug,

thx a lot for looking into this, however if you could add an option in the config so the user can decide if he/she wants to show the dialog it would be much appreciated ;)

:D

Hi DieBagger,

3/ Avoid this warning dialogbox inside TvClient MP config, Notifier Tab.
    (optional since Chemelli post and, can also be easily removed by the Team with remove of all MPorsBcws-019 related code).

Attachments

• cfg.JPG
      cfg.JPG
      57.4 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    +1 on adding it as an option in the TV Plugin...no warning is shown when in window-mode, so why bother when in fullscreen. I record 90% af all the things I want to watch anyway ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Re : Re: Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consist

no warning is shown when in window-mode
    Hi pilehave,
    Are you sure ? :confused:

Running multiseat MediaPortal for ~ 1 year, and it has always been like this in my case:

- Fullscreen TV = warning
    - Windowed mode (ie on home-screen) = no warning

If you get a warning each time, something is different in our systems, but what :mad:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

ah, you talk about actual MP, not with this patch included, isn'it ? ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Re : Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

ah, you talk about actual MP, not with this patch included, isn'it ? ;)

Haha...yes, the actual SVN ;)

Now I understand the confusion :p

This path is really nice, :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom