[MANTIS 4321] - SMS style disabled on keyboard in password-mode (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
    Just noticed that when typing a password with the virtual keyboard, the SMS style is disabled.
    So you have to navigate to each letter on the VK to select that one, and that kind of defeats the need for displaying the typed letters with a '*'
    Previously, in SMS style, you could press the number buttons enough times to get each letter, and it's much harder to see which, and how many times each number is pressed

Steps to Reproduce:
    Navigate to something where a password is required (f.e. browsetheweb select the login button on the forumpage). It defaults to character mode, and no way to set it to SMS

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Confirmed, TNX for the report kabouter ;)
    Only need to figure out if this needs a new Mantis or we can combine this with the other issues we have with the keyboard. I assume fixing this would have priority, since SMS Style is completely broken.

** EDIT **
    Somehow SMS Style is working when you do a search by title in the EPG. So now i'm wondering if it's the plugin or not. At least i can confirm that SMS style isn't accessible with BrowseTheWeb.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sms style is also working from browsetheweb in non-password dialogs, and the only difference in calling VirtualKeyboard is setting the Password property to true or false

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, it seems to be a conscious decision:
    Code:
    		  if (Password) return; //sms is disabled during password input - we cannot see chars!
    Committed by silentexception at 6/17/2011 with comments:
    * 0003598: Improve identification of virtual keyboard input mode (SMS / standard)
    0003502: pin code can not be entered by remote because SMS sytle keyboard is used by default
    So perhaps reviewing those 2 mantisses and the new one, theoretically it should lead to a consensus

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, will do.
    What is the best way of doing this? I myself am thinking of a new branch, or should(can?) I delete the current branch and create a new one with the same name?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, will do.
    What is the best way of doing this? I myself am thinking of a new branch, or should(can?) I delete the current branch and create a new one with the same name?
    As it is a pull request it does not matter to us :) You can do either as it is in your repository :p
    I will close the current pull request and you can either delete and re-create branch or create a new pull request or create a new pull request on a new branch name.

I would probably suggest the simplest way is to create a new branch based on current MP master and then make the change, push to your repository and create a pull request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom