Manual tuning for DVB-T2 transmitter not in UK list (2 Viewers)

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Bouvet Island Bouvet Island
    Country flag
    Hi,

I am trying to configure a MP 1 server for my sister, she lives in an area in the UK covered by the Tenbury Wells freeview transmitter.

So from the above website I know the frequencies I need to tune into, C60, C57, C53. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, the TW transmitter is not on the list in the mediaportasl setup for the UK.

Alternatively if there is another region which IS on the dropdown list which uses these frequencies then I guess I could use that.

The 'Advanced' tuning option apears to only give me options for selecting one frequency. Anyone know how I manually tune MP server to get all 3 frequencies?

Thanks

Jolltax

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Joltax, there are at least 3 ways to scan that transmitter:
    1. Do 3 single transmitter scans (one for each frequency) using the advanced tuning options. You can only enter and scan one frequency at a time, but there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work.
    2. Select Malvern. It appears to use the same frequencies as TW (plus a few additionals).
    3. Select All Regions. All frequencies in use in the UK will be scanned. This would be slow, but should do the job.

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Bouvet Island Bouvet Island
    Country flag
    Joltax, there are at least 3 ways to scan that transmitter:
    1. Do 3 single transmitter scans (one for each frequency) using the advanced tuning options. You can only enter and scan one frequency at a time, but there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work.
    2. Select Malvern. It appears to use the same frequencies as TW (plus a few additionals).
    3. Select All Regions. All frequencies in use in the UK will be scanned. This would be slow, but should do the job.
    Cool, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hallo, Since the update to MP1 27 pre, the refresh rate display no longer works correctly. The font is too small and illegible. The display can be reached with "Shift, 1". Andreas
    Hallo, Since the update to MP1 27 pre, the refresh rate display no longer works correctly. The font is too small and illegible. The...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
    Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi lads...I know this is little bit off topic,but can you recommend some of DVB-T2 USB tuner MP1? Sorry,but i cant found any post about it...thanks
    Hi lads...I know this is little bit off topic,but can you recommend some of DVB-T2 USB tuner MP1? Sorry,but i cant found any post...
    Hi all, I've recently bought a Terratec Cinergy T2 HD Stick DVB-T/T2 USB tuner (specs here [PDF]...
    Replies
    Views
    Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this probably does not apply to you. Before I begin, a huge THANK YOU to mm1352000 for his assistance in getting this working! This turned out to be a big part of the solution, but just keep in mind that if you...
    Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this...
    Please help! Brand new MediaPortal user here (just installed it today) and I am trying to make it work with my 5 satellite dishes...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom