Manual tuning for DVB-T2 transmitter not in UK list (1 Viewer)

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Bouvet Island Bouvet Island
    Hi,

I am trying to configure a MP 1 server for my sister, she lives in an area in the UK covered by the Tenbury Wells freeview transmitter.

So from the above website I know the frequencies I need to tune into, C60, C57, C53. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, the TW transmitter is not on the list in the mediaportasl setup for the UK.

Alternatively if there is another region which IS on the dropdown list which uses these frequencies then I guess I could use that.

The 'Advanced' tuning option apears to only give me options for selecting one frequency. Anyone know how I manually tune MP server to get all 3 frequencies?

Thanks

Jolltax

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Joltax, there are at least 3 ways to scan that transmitter:
    1. Do 3 single transmitter scans (one for each frequency) using the advanced tuning options. You can only enter and scan one frequency at a time, but there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work.
    2. Select Malvern. It appears to use the same frequencies as TW (plus a few additionals).
    3. Select All Regions. All frequencies in use in the UK will be scanned. This would be slow, but should do the job.

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Bouvet Island Bouvet Island
    Joltax, there are at least 3 ways to scan that transmitter:
    1. Do 3 single transmitter scans (one for each frequency) using the advanced tuning options. You can only enter and scan one frequency at a time, but there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work.
    2. Select Malvern. It appears to use the same frequencies as TW (plus a few additionals).
    3. Select All Regions. All frequencies in use in the UK will be scanned. This would be slow, but should do the job.
    Cool, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom