MariaDB with MP1 TV Server? (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I wanna change from mySQL 5.6 to MariaDB. Is someone out there who can describe how to change from mySQL 5.6 to MariaDB?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello @olli14
    i see your PM, but prefer talk here , because can help other user.

when installing MariaDB, the best is to replace the "MySQL", because i used myself on 1st install to rename the MariaDB service to "MariaDB" instead of " MySQL" as provided by default.
    So, when installing MariaDB, be sure than MySQL service is off, both can't work at same time, because MariaDB use the socket connection / service name than Official MySQL service.
    when installed, you must check if the new "MySQL" created for MariaDB is related to TVE service as "needed service" for work.
    this mean, if TVE service start, the MySQL will be started too, if was off.

you can use before starting TV service to use the command on TV configuration shortcut : the command form wiki " /Configure-DB"
    TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error

and link to new MariaDB running service.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi azzuro,
    thanks for helping.
    It's my understanding that MySQL 5.6 (installed on my side at the moment) and MariaDB 10.2 are similar, so that I have to go this way:
    1. stop MySQL 5.6 Service
    2. install MariaDB 10.2
    3. start TVService with TV configuration shortcut : command /Configure-DB" (see wiki)
    4. now I have the window where I can choose between MSSQL and MySQL (see wiki)
    5. I choose MySQL and set all parameter (see wiki); in this window is a parameter "dependency": what do I have to write down here? MySQL5? Or the name of the the new MariaDB running service?
    6. Press Button "Test" and hope it's working; then button "Save"
    That's all? Or is there something missing?

What do you mean with this comment: "... and link to new MariaDB running service..."? In which way I can link to the new MariaDB running service. Do I have to do this by write down the MariaDB running service name in the parameter "Dependency"?

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    1. stop MySQL 5.6 Service
    And Set Disabled service in service setting.
    5. I choose MySQL and set all parameter (see wiki); in this window is a parameter "dependency": what do I have to write down here? MySQL5? Or the name of the the new MariaDB running service?
    the exact name of the MariaDB service ( will be MySQL )
    6. Press Button "Test" and hope it's working; then button "Save"
    That's all? Or is there something missing?
    yep.

What do you mean with this comment: "... and link to new MariaDB running service..."? In which way I can link to the new MariaDB running service. Do I have to do this by write down the MariaDB running service name in the parameter "Dependency"?
    MP have service dependency, for now it's MySQL5 dependency, but if all work fine, when you adjust the DB setting with the proper command line /configure-db.

YOU CAN't HAVE BOTH MARIADB and MYSQL running at same time. this will broke your system.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I press the TEST button I get this error:
    upload_2018-9-5_18-33-16.png

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I installed MariaDB 10.3.9 x64 (first tests with version 10.2.x) and now it's working. One other thing I changed now: i enabled something like "...remote..." during installation of MariaDB.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Your database seems connected, but the hostname is not allowed. Maybe missing something on mariadb setup.

I'm not familiar with database.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom