Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Maya: A simple skin ***UPDATE 16-12-09***

At the moment I use StreamedMP but the GUI is a little bit laggy and e.g when opening the weather it's much slower than on the original MediaPortal Skin.

1.1.0 RC1 will include some GUI speed enhancements, which might even improove this section.

P4G0

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

1.1.0 RC1 is already running. It's faster than 1.0.2 but not fast enough :)
    I'm going to test the newest SVN-Build, that seems much faster on my laptop.
    But at the moment my girlfriend is watching TV and I don't want to be killed when closing her MP-Session via VNC :D

P4G0

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Oh sry, my fault, I ment 1.1 Beta.

Can somebody say at this point what Hardware is required to run this skin "fluently"?

dgsgc

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007

Any chance or getting a beta of this even if its not stable, im still using media portal 0.2.3 and need to upgrade badly but been waiting for a skin that i liked and this is the best skin out there at the moment.

Cheers

olivvvv

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    France France

29 pages without any betas !!!!!???!

ouawwww ! this skins is really a must before release !

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya: A simple skin ***UPDATE 16-12-09***

Any chance or getting a beta of this even if its not stable, im still using media portal 0.2.3 and need to upgrade badly but been waiting for a skin that i liked and this is the best skin out there at the moment.

Cheers

It isn't out that's the Problem -:):mad:

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Offer to help

Maya Team -

Some of you may know that I have developed a number of skin engine enhancements that are presently staged in my svn branch (ajp8164_stage). I started making these changes to support a skin I started to port from xbmc (Focus skin). It seems I may never get Focus complete and so I would like to offer my time to support the development of this skin. (Not completely giving up on Focus just want to shift my priorities to helping out here).

Here is a run down on the skin engine changes I made:

MediaPortal1_Development/SkinArchitecture/MP_1_1_0-to-TBD - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Btw: I build my own version of MP from my branch (which I try to keep in sync with the trunk) and run it on my htpc. Works great!

I am hoping to have the changes in the ajp8164_stage branch moved into the main svn trunk as soon as possible.

I have good skills with C# coding in the engine as well as xml skinning. I can build MP and TVE3 as well as a few plugins. Please let me know what I can do to make the job of bringing Maya online easier for all.

Reply or PM me if you're interested.

:D

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Great work so far, can't wait to get hold of it!

Do you have a list of what plugins will be supported by the skin? Or do you plan to add support if the demand is there?

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom