Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Re: Maya: A simple skin ***UPDATE 10-01-10***

Hi Chris,

Currently there are no plans of implementing this feature. But... we will definetly keep it in mind.

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country

For Moving Pictures, will we be able to:

-have fan art as a backdrop over the currently highlighted movie? ie. like this?

-have fan art as a backdrop when bringing up the full media info? ie. like this?

It does not appear so from the screen shots but I was just wondering :).

J

joostzilla

-have fan art as a backdrop over the currently highlighted movie? ie. like this?

-have fan art as a backdrop when bringing up the full media info? ie. like this?

For now we don not offer fanart backdrops for the list, thumb or filmstrip. But yes we have a special screen for movie details. It was just lost in the screens update :(
I've just add it again.

btw. really love moving pictures. You offer a lot of features. To bad that most skins try to put them all on one screen ;) (imo)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

For now we don not offer fanart backdrops for the list, thumb or filmstrip. But yes we have a special screen for movie details. It was just lost in the screens update :(
    I've just add it again.

btw. really love moving pictures. You offer a lot of features. To bad that most skins try to put them all on one screen ;) (imo)

Exactly, you get the 'wow' effect by going in to details view.

If you see all the features in every screen then it gets boring.

EDIT: joost are all the screens in the 1st post now from the actual skin or are some still mockups?

Cassiel

Portal Member
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've just add it again.

Full ack!
    A possible backdrop / fanart view wouldn't match the skin's design and layout.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I've just add it again.

Exactly, you get the 'wow' effect by going in to details view.

If you see all the features in every screen then it gets boring.

EDIT: joost are all the screens in the 1st post now from the actual skin or are some still mockups?

Without looking at them i would say actual as mine looks the same way.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

As soon as this skin has been release and a few weeks later get it's own subforum, there will surely be lots of modifications for it, mainly for the "fanart crowd". I like how this has steered away from that with simple yet stylish looks. I have a few mod ideas though that I'll try to implement as soon as there's a proper release. But from what I've seen so far of this skin, most of those are .xml based changes only (alignment, width). :D

Emph

J

joostzilla

All screens in the first post are mockups. But the actual screens are 99,99 % the same.

dgsgc

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007

Any ETA on a release date?

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country

As soon as this skin has been release and a few weeks later get it's own subforum, there will surely be lots of modifications for it, mainly for the "fanart crowd". I like how this has steered away from that with simple yet stylish looks.

Indeed. Personally, the reason I can't wait for the skin is that as you say, it's simple and stylish. The reason I ask about the fan art is that, when you have friends over (or a lady friend ;)), they are always impressed by the fan art whilst scrolling through my movies. No big deal.. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom