Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Re: Maya: Beta release 06-02-10

VERY NICE :eek:

But wouldn't it be neat to have lyrics showing in this box as well? So when pressing lyrics they are showed here ? :D

We are still trying to make the lyrics fit into the nowplaying screen. Putting it in the small panel at the bottom seems to me not the best way. You would have to scroll to much.
So keep an eye on the svn for updates in this area :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I think an SVN update is on the cards at home time...
    :D:D:D

I guess this is a first cut so wont raise any issues yet... just so you know though... when you first go in you get the "other tracks tacked with: ..." label even though the current playlist button is highlighted

also the top tracks / similar tracks etc do not do anything when clicked.

I am sure you have these things in hand already anyway :)

It is actually a shame when you go back to browsing the music catalog... finally any plans to implement something similar for last.fm ???

This is amazing :D

Attachments

• 18-19-55.jpg
      18-19-55.jpg
      179.5 KB

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

VERY NICE :eek:

But wouldn't it be neat to have lyrics showing in this box as well? So when pressing lyrics they are showed here ? :D

We are still trying to make the lyrics fit into the nowplaying screen. Putting it in the small panel at the bottom seems to me not the best way. You would have to scroll to much.
    So keep an eye on the svn for updates in this area :)

You may be right in that, but when LRC(the ones like karoki) they would fit fine. I just thought that would be the finest thing overall :)

Btw. I have Other numbers with: just dance overlapping in Now playing.

Edit: As said above.

Few missing labelstranslation:
    - In music browsing. The title "music" is not translated.
    - In Nowplaying left lower corner.
    - All in second picture. Dunno which file it is though maybe global search? (and last played overlapping)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      866.7 KB
    • s.png
      s.png
      869.8 KB
    J

joostzilla

I think an SVN update is on the cards at home time...
    :D:D:D

I guess this is a first cut so wont raise any issues yet... just so you know though... when you first go in you get the "other tracks tacked with: ..." label even though the current playlist button is highlighted

also the top tracks / similar tracks etc do not do anything when clicked.

I am sure you have these things in hand already anyway :)

It is actually a shame when you go back to browsing the music catalog... finally any plans to implement something similar for last.fm ???

This is amazing :D

Lol. You are right. If only we could always stay in nowplaying ;)
    But... Maya is about usability. Nowplaying is about showing off and informing your current playing. Browsing isnt about that. That should be mostly practical.
    I have almost never seen a fanart based skin which lets you browse a library in a clear way. Its always a compromise between text and fanart.
    I would like to add some more fanart in Maya. But without compromising browsing. So we will look at this from section to section.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lol. You are right. If only we could always stay in nowplaying ;)
    Agree with all that and is looking great. Perhaps the browsing section could be better if it used the artist thumbs a little more? If they were taken out the box they are in now it would solve the scaling issues we have now with non-square artist thumbs.

I was thinking that MP handled this all the same but looking now I just noticed that in artist view you get xxx objects in the bottom rather than xxx songs which you get in album and track views. Does this mean they are different skin files and could be handled differently?

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I really like this skin. Nice and clean!

However, I got inspired to do a bit of tweaking on the basichome.xml, to get the menu items revolving a bit more stylish. My first go at it is in the attachment. (back up your original basichome.xml :D)

Perhaps it's something the skinbuilders can use?

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

JonHancock

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007

Hi,
    Further to my last post I've attached a screenshot showing the problem. If I drop the relevant xml file from another skin then it works fine but I prefer the layout of the maya draft. Any ideas what is going on here? Is anyone else seeing this or is it restricted to my setup?

FTR_ProgramInfo bug.png

Cheers,
    Jon

J

joostzilla

I really like this skin. Nice and clean!

However, I got inspired to do a bit of tweaking on the basichome.xml, to get the menu items revolving a bit more stylish. My first go at it is in the attachment. (back up your original basichome.xml :D)

Perhaps it's something the skinbuilders can use?

Klopt het dat sommige items erg klein zijn? Is dit bewust gedaan?
    Laat nog eens wat meer creativiteit los op ons basichome. We staan open voor verbetering. Ik zoek nog naar een meer smoothe manier van animeren in ons huidige menu.
    Misschien iets minder radicaal als je nu gedaan hebt. :D

Is it intended that some menu items are incredibly small??
    Please fiddle some more with our basichome just to see what comes out. We like enhancements alot. And our current menu could be a bit more smooth. Will you give it a try.
    Perhaps a bit less radical as you did with this xml. :D

messo001

Portal Member
    July 11, 2009

Are there any settings to be set in order to get the weather icons to work? Everything works great, apart from the weather icons, which are not present.

infernalshad

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there!

Some of you don't like the new "flat" buttons in the latest SVN (me too), so i've created some buttons, maybe you like one of them :)

@Maya Developers: Do you need some additional Designers? I'm a Web Developer and i'd like to help if i can :)

Attachments

• maya-btn.jpg
      maya-btn.jpg
      69.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom