Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Re: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (v 0.3.254)

@ranauk: please delete your maya cache folder completely on both computers so you have the actual images from maya, i had the same problem with some pics after they changed ;)

@joostzilla: i dont like the new style too, for me the second style was the best til now.

just for clarifying my "style" meanings:
style 1: rounded highligt boxes in first maya release
style 2: faded higlight boxes on right side of list views after first changes
style 3: actual highlight boxes in the middle of list views

nicx...

The listviews are updated in the near future. Hope you'll like 'm than. It will be a mix of all recent listview attempts :)

RanaUK

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

This is clearly not identical setups because you have two versions of this skin installed. During development they have switched the looks of listviews in maya a couple of times. The looks you print screened are two of those.
Remember to clear your cache. Might be that there are still some old cache files on one of your machines making it look like it is.

Thanks joz :) silly me - I was sure I copied all the files over to mediaPC - I guess I missed some. After your suggestion, just copied it over again, and I am a happy man now. I was playing with the skin to get it to work with the Beta myFilm and that's when it happened...

I like the rounder corners on the listview...

btw MP on your work PC? I think my boss would bash my head in if I installed anything like that :)

The joy of working from home ... nothing beats it.

thanks again.

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (v 0.3.254)

Hi,

can you add Mykino Support in your skin? I tested it and it worksIs it normal that the skin is slow?

i also have that "slow-feeling" ...
    but mybe that cames from the size of all files ...
    there are a few more plugins including in maya ...

myabe that ist the reason for that feeling..
    (just deactivate the most here on my office PC so the speed is near "OK")...

regards ...

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009

I think there might be a problem with the recordpin location in the recordedTV window in the latest svn. Also the rounded edges don't really match the square edges of the list buttons.

Attachments

• RecordPin.png
      RecordPin.png
      758.2 KB
    J

joostzilla

I think there might be a problem with the recordpin location in the recordedTV window in the latest svn. Also the rounded edges don't really match the square edges of the list buttons.

Work in progress. We are still not sure what listviews to use. :(

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

all of them and make them selectable ;)

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009

I know it would be very hard to do but I would like to see something like the current view with a choice in the plugin for Glossy or Matte ListView. That would solve this burning issue.

I personally like the glossy view and that is what attracted me to this skin in the first place. Saying that though I won't stop using this skin if the Matte look is used, because it is still the best skin around. Looking at the comments throughout this thread you are never going to get a clear answer of which way to go. Everybody has different tastes, but a poll would clear up who has the majority.

J

joostzilla

I know it would be very hard to do but I would like to see something like the current view with a choice in the plugin for Glossy or Matte ListView. That would solve this burning issue.

I personally like the glossy view and that is what attracted me to this skin in the first place. Saying that though I won't stop using this skin if the Matte look is used, because it is still the best skin around. Looking at the comments throughout this thread you are never going to get a clear answer of which way to go. Everybody has different tastes, but a poll would clear up who has the majority.

you are probably right. But sofar there was no listview i really, really liked myself. I believe it could and should be better. :)

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009

No problem with me. It is your skin, so you need to be happy with it regardless of what anybody else says. I can't wait to see the final product that you are happy with.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom