Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Re: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (v 0.3.254)

I don't see that small recording icon when tv is well, recording?
Also, I know this is not your area, but is there a way to get some sort of notification when tv recording is starting. When watching sat tv recording starts, tuner tunes to different channel and I am left with nothing. No info, nothing.. I always think my media centar froze or something.. :)
Like the new listview :)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

I really like the new thumbs view in MovingPictures. In the Recorded TV section I always thought the moving black frame was not a satisfactory way of signifying which recording was selected. Using my photoshop-hacky skills, I've mocked up something that I think looks a bit better, using the MovingPictures Thumbs view as a reference.

This could be expanded to other sections with Thumbnail selection as well.

On the subject of the black borders. I think it would be better if the borders had a black background, rather than transparent, so that if an image is not in the aspect ratio of the space available, for example many album covers have very different AR, then the space left between the cover and the border doesn't show the blue background underneath.

Attachments

• Current RecordedTV.png
      Current RecordedTV.png
      571.2 KB
    • Mockup RecordedTV.png
      Mockup RecordedTV.png
      831.6 KB

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

Just 16 downloads more, and Maya is entitled to it's own subforum :)

Well, yes and it deserves it!

Though the rules do say:
    infinityloop said:
    * support latest MediaPortal stable release (this does not apply to Alpha, Beta and RC releases)

However, the rules never applied for StreamedMP as 2 of the 4 rules are:
    infinityloop said:
    * available for download inside our repository on the homepage (StreamedMP had a sub-forum long before it was in the repository)
    * at least 5000 downloads in our repository (StreamedMP in the repository is below half of the way to 5000 downloads)

Double standards? Basically, the rules are not fit for purpose and should be looked at again, in my opinion. Why have such rigid constraints when this is obviously one of the 'hottest' skins on the MediaPortal forum? When a thread gets to 107 pages long a lot of information is lost or ideas forgotten. The same questions and answers are posted numerous times.

Even when Maya does get its own subforum, a lot of information will be buried within this, presumably locked, thread.

J

joostzilla

I really like the new thumbs view in MovingPictures. In the Recorded TV section I always thought the moving black frame was not a satisfactory way of signifying which recording was selected. Using my photoshop-hacky skills, I've mocked up something that I think looks a bit better, using the MovingPictures Thumbs view as a reference.

This could be expanded to other sections with Thumbnail selection as well.

On the subject of the black borders. I think it would be better if the borders had a black background, rather than transparent, so that if an image is not in the aspect ratio of the space available, for example many album covers have very different AR, then the space left between the cover and the border doesn't show the blue background underneath.

Lol, Like it.
    Thumbview in recording section never got the attention it deserved. Thats because I never ever use the thumbview in recording. The list view looks better when there are just a few recordings on the system. But. i will certainly try your design. Thanks

On the black background matter i can only say: you are right. :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't see that small recording icon when tv is well, recording?
    Also, I know this is not your area, but is there a way to get some sort of notification when tv recording is starting. When watching sat tv recording starts, tuner tunes to different channel and I am left with nothing. No info, nothing.. I always think my media centar froze or something.. :)
    Like the new listview :)

This is a bug in mediaportal, it's in mantis.
    Posted via Mobile Device

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Maya finally qualified for their own subforum section here in the forums!

Keep up the great work guys!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

However, the rules never applied for StreamedMP as 2 of the 4 rules are:
    infinityloop said:
    * available for download inside our repository on the homepage (StreamedMP had a sub-forum long before it was in the repository)
    * at least 5000 downloads in our repository (StreamedMP in the repository is below half of the way to 5000 downloads)
    The rules where introduced AFTER skins like StreamedMP allready had their own subforums.

What should I have done once we had rules?
    Removed their subforum?

Definitly not.

But I would still like to see them using our repository rather than placing the downloads on google code. ;)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

it's abut time ..Maya get own subforum ...:)

JayDox

Portal Member
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread)

The most good looking and promising skin for MP finally got its own subforum!
    Congratulations and keep up the amazing work!

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom