dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please post you MayaHD Mods here.

Is MayaHD not exactly what you need or desire. Try modding it yourself and.... share it with us.:D

hase23

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2009
    Espenau
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I've adjusted the TVMiniGuide. The logos and font bigger. The three files in the Maya HD skins folder move.

TVMiniGuide for MP 1.3 Alpha.

Attachments

• TVMiniGuide.png
      TVMiniGuide.png
      148.7 KB
    • TVMiniGuide.zip
      23.9 KB

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Modified WorldWeatherHolidays.xml to show all 5 user defined holiday entries for WW....

Capture.PNG

Would it be possible to re-name this thread to "community mods" instead of "skin mods" in line with other threads?

Regards.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherHolidays.xml
      23.2 KB
    Last edited:

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i loved the cdart and clearart a lot since i saw it on some xbmc screenshots some time ago and i still wonder why the adoption in mp skins is so slow, only few use them already. so i decided to add some more "eyecandy" to the already awesome maya myself and changed some other minor things to better suit my needs...

the mod is based on mayahd for mp 1.3a, haven't tested 1.2.x...

setup:
    ! it's recommended that you backup your files before copying the zipped ones over in case you want to reverse a change!

all files must be placed in the appropriate subfolders of your mediaportal user files folder.
    Wiki said:
    The easiest way to get to the User Files is to go to the:
    Windows Start Button > Programs > Team MediaPortal > MediaPortal > User Files

download, unzip and place the files in your skin/MayaHD folder.

! remember that, if you change the fanart settings in your MayaHD BasicHome Configuration afterwards, these modified files will possibly be overwritten with the originals. so do all configuration before copying the files over...

place your cdart and clearart in the appropriate folders and watch the naming so it matches your id3 tag data. a very good source for artwork is fanart.tv. feel free to support them and donate!
    cdart: thumbs/music/cdart
    filenaming: artist-album.png e.g.: foo fighters-echoes, silence, patience & grace.png
    clearart: thumbs/music/clearart
    filenaming: artist.png e.g.: foo figters.png

since some pictures were changed, you have to delete cache/MayaHD before starting mp the next time for the mod to work correctly.

preview:
    music playing now - what it looked like before and after:
    stock maya.jpgplayingnow.jpg

clearart of the albumartist:
    music_list.jpgmusic_bigicons.jpgmusic_coverflow.jpg

redesigned infoservice layout with more focus on the news:
    infoservice_rss.jpginfoservice_twitter.jpg

changes:
    nowplaying music
    - added spinning cdart with slide in/out animation, clearart and rounded corners to albumcover
    - adjusted the displayed information to compensate the less space due to above changes
    - added love/ban buttons to menu
    - adjusted menubuttons in size to fit to the limited space and customized menustyling to better incorporate with hiddenmenustyle
    - fixed the forward/rewind labels overlapping each other and flashing after resume from pause

mymusic
    - added clearart, depending on the layout (is it possible in any way to have mp read out the artistinfo of the selected album like #music.artist does with selected tracks? would be nice to have the clearart throughout this section, not only in the last level when selecting tracks)
    - why is mymusic titled "music-genre" instead of just music? changed it :)

infoservice
    - it wasn't possible to read the newsfeeds/tweets while mediaoverlay was visible, changed that to listen to music while reading the news :)
    - new layout to set the focus more on the feed, not the listing
    - slightly modified menu to fit mayastyle
    - added jump to feeds/twitter buttons to menu

other
    - fixed some "bugs" in hiddenmenues (mymusic, myvideos, mypictures, mytvseries) where you could not correctly navigate up/down in some views
    - replaced lowres "defaultFolderBack.png" with already existing hires "defaultSubtitlesFolderBack.png" in musiclayout: cover-list (haven't found it being used elsewhere which could be distorted now, in case report back)
    - small overlays for music got cdart aswell, got a bit bigger in size than before, added transparency to the background like in now playing screen, removed blue backgroundimage, disabled mediaoverlay in coverflow view
    - tvseries: if a video was playing, only half of the videooverlayframe was shown because the items in wide banner view etc were laying on top of it, fixed this

thx to Shangostar/Mr V whose post & code lead me to begin with customizing maya...

Attachments

• music_missingart.jpg
      music_missingart.jpg
      435 KB
    • cdart_mayahd.zip
      527.3 KB
    Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is it possible in any way to have mp read out the artistinfo of the selected album like #music.artist does with selected tracks? would be nice to have the clearart throughout this section, not only in the last level when selecting tracks
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...1.1.0_to_1.2.0/Music_Browsing_Skin_Properties
    Use the album artist property rather than artist.

why is mymusic titled "music-genre" instead of just music?
    If historic code... music genres us tee database code and skin files

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The mini OSD when switching channels is too small, therefore the title was often cut off.

In the example below, the title should be "Elisabeth Taylor gegen Richard Burton", but as you can see some parts were missing.

MayaOSD.jpg

Therefore I decided to patch the display and let it look like the normal Info-Display:

MayaOSDPatch.jpg

Extract the ZIP-file and put the xml files into the Maya HD folder and the png image into the Media folder.
    And don't forget to delete the Maya HD folder in the Cache before starting MediaPortal again.

Attachments

• MayaHD Patch.zip
      8.5 KB
    Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The progress bar was a bit too wide left. I fixed it.

Attachments

• MayaHD Patch 2.zip
      8.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread