mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Current version updated for MP .2.2.0
    Beta version for MP .2.3.0 RC3

Please read all directions below

Screenshot:
    new2-s.jpg

Also included in the installer is the nonafo variation on the mce 1280x720 skin. Screenshots to be added soon. The installer installs the weather overlay plugin. You must disable this plugin when not using the mceafo skin. Skins that do not support this plugin will not start up correctly.

Supported Plugins
    • MesFilms (My Films)
    • My Burner
    • My Clickmania
    • My Lyrics
    • My Podcasts
    • My PVR Scheduler
    • My Status
    • My Torrents
    • My File Explorer
    • MP-TVSeries
    • My Online Videos
    • CD Slayer 0.5
    • Netflix Manager
    • My DVDs

If there are problems downloading the skin, please PM me.

Installer for mp .2.2.0 [updated 1/19/07 approximate size 4.0mb]

MCE 1280x720 revised Beta Release for MP .2.3.0 RC3 (no installer, see post 433 and beyond for details).

Screenshot of new version:
    attachment.php

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found a bug: when I select icons in the radio screen, I cannot select the right three columns.

But I would like to thank you for the effort. It's great I can use all of my LCD-screen's potential :)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I found a bug: when I select icons in the radio screen, I cannot select the right three columns.

that's half bug, half limitation of mp....after playing with the area the thumbnail views occupy, i noticed that if the number of columns of thumbnails exceeded the rows, the excess columns wouldnt work. this problem will exist in all thumbnail views, both large and small, in all sections (my videos, my music, etc.). thats a bad thing for our widescreen displays. i'll wait til eLow or somebody else doing a widescreen skin can confirm this to let a developer know, because i may be doing something wrong.

in the mean time, if you go to the ftp server (the link in the first post) i've posted a corrected references.xml file. download the new file and replace it in the mce1280x720 skin folder. in the skin as i originally posted it, i spent a fair amount of time using trial and error to get the thumbnail size and area that would fit nicely in the space available. the correction i posted leaves a lot of empty space on the right and i hate it....but its better than having 3 out of every 8 of your icons unavailable to click. this is a temporary solution til the next skin release, probably over the weekend.

if anybody can come up with a better idea, by all means let me know. in the next release of the skin, i think what i'll do is make each column wider...there will still only be 5 rows and 5 columns in the small thumbnail view, but it will fill up the screen better. and another advanage is that more of the file title will be visible at once.

EDIT: I've removed the separate references.xml file from the ftp server, this bug is addressed in the new release.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Boilermaker,

nice screenshots.

I will added the news ans the screenshots on the Skinpage.

:) Great Work

Greetings 8) Harley

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Thanks Harley. I'm sure you already noticed, but i changed the ftp directory too. Part of the deal of storing it at its present location is keeping the files organized.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Boilermaker,

ok i have changed the link to the new Place.

thanks for info

Greetings 8) Harley

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the update! It's working really great on my LCD-screen. For now, this is the best usable skin for a wide screen :)

eLow

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Hey Boilermaker,

Hadn't noticed all the work you put in your widescreen version since I got your files. Great work! Will come in handy! I'll see if I can help you with your to do list.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Thanks eLow. I've just run out of things to do. I've been looking at it too long to be sharp enough to notice bugs, and i just dont use stuff like msn or mail on my htpc. actually one of the first things i do when i reinstall my htpc's os is remove msn. let me know if i can be of help with your skin. i think when dfbb was referring to the most usable widescreen skin for now, my guess is that he was looking toward the the first release of your skin....

dfbb, what resolution is your lcd? just curious about stretching if you are using something like 1366 x 768. if its 1280x768, the resolutions are so close that i was considering modifying the skin slighty to eliminate streching at the cost of not using up 48 pixels at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom