mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    the cvs version is .1.3.0 pre....when i get home later i'll try loading the default skins and see if there is a difference. i'll also upload the zip file again, in case it was corrupted the first time.

Edit:
    I've gotten a small flicker when entering mytv the first time I load up any skin. It might have something to do with the creation of the packed graphics, because when i erased them to zip up the skin and then restarted mp it happened again. I wouldnt call it a studdering tho. I've had a lot of problems with the tv section of this version of mp, but none of it seems to be skin related. I have uploaded a slightly newer version of the skin to the cvs folder in case it was corrupted the first time.

here is my setup:
    p4 3.4ghz northwood (non prescott)
    2gb pc3200 mushkin 2-2-2-5 ram
    soyo i875 black label rev 2 Motherboard
    evga 6600GT agp
    audigy 2zs platinum sound card
    hauppague pvr-500 tv tuner
    myhd mdp-130 hd tv card
    software:
    winxp pro sp2
    no paging file
    mp tv settings: vmr9 renderless mode, nvidia codec, mpeg/ac3/dts/lpcm audio decoder, timshifting off

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem was that when I entered MyTV, TV was running smooth until I placed the mouse over the TV part (when the border gets green). Also in fullscreen TV was ok, but when the OSD was shown, TV started to stutter.

I speak in past terms, because the problems seem to be solved since I'm using a CSV version.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    dfbb,
    good to hear that the cvs version solved some of your problems. new version posted today (7/17), addresses some more minor issues listed in the first thread of this post.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    For those using the cvs version of mp, i've uploaded a version to work with it:
    ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720/cvs/mce1280x720-cvs.zip

The following is different between the skin for 0.1.3.0 and the cvs skin:
    Almost completly new settings section.
    • Too many changes to list in one post, but in short the new settings area can do much of the what the configuation program does.
    • The cvs version of these changes does not exist yet for mce, I had to base the changes off of bluetwo. Therefore the graphics are a little sparse for now.
    • The Setup Wizard part of the settings section is still under construction. I would eventually need feedback from those with dvb cards. since i dont have one, i can't see if i've made any mistakes on those pages
    Implemented the template files for common elements such as backgrounds and facades for some pages (rest to follow). What does this mean?....for the average user, nothing since there shouldnt be a bit of difference with the look of the skin. For other skinners, check out the common.facade.xml and common.window.xml files along with mypics.xml for examples.

As always, please let me know of any bugs that are found.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Implemented the template files for common elements such as backgrounds and facades

Good stuff Boilermaker! I appreciate that things may be a little up and down for you over the short term but hopefully it will make your task of maintaining this skin that little bit easier before too long, feel free to PM me with any feedback or Qs you might have on these enhancements.

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Boilermaker,

Thanks for making this skin - it looks real good on my Dell Widescreen monitorTV!

I noticed in Recorded TV, that the selected recorded program (in the list on the right) is not highlighted in "green". Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thanks vbap. as i posted above, i'm in the middle of basically recoding almost every xml page to take advantage of the new skinning features. I'm almost thru and should post the changes sometime tonight (7/23) in the cvs folder on my ftp server. I don't remember what the highlight on the lists in the recorded tv page looked like before i made all the changes, or if there was a mistake on the page. But in the version i'm about to upoload, just the channel icon is highlighted in green. It is a bit subtle, and if its too subtle a change would be very simple, so if you have an alternate suggestion let me know. All lists in the tv and music section that have two rows per entry look exactly like this (because they now all reference the same template), so making changes is pretty painless.

GDive

Portal Member
    May 13, 2005
    London, UK
    Pause problem with overlay

This is the best skin for any HTPC program ever. I hope I'm putting this bug in the right place and apologees if I'm not.

I was watching an avi (xvid) when the weirdest thing happened.

Using MP 0.1.3 Full Release and Blue Two skin (20050717) 1280 x 720 with screensaver set to 10 minutes and enabled in Fullscreen mode in the general settings of MP setup.

1. I pressed pause 24 minutes into the file I was watching.
    2. After about 20 minutes I pressed play again.
    3. When the file started again everything seemed fine but the overlay showing the elapsed time and the pause header stayed on screen while the file played. (The time had also paused on the overlay)
    4. I tried pressing pause and it paused and the overlay didn't change.
    5. I pressed play and again the file played but the overlay didn't go away.
    6. I pressed stop. The file stopped but the screen then remained blank and that was the last I could use MP. I had to kill the process to get it working again.
    7. Once I stopped the process a windows balloon came up saying that my virtual memory was being increased.

My virtual memory is set to 3072MB for both minimum and maximum so it is a permanent setting. I'm using ATI Catalyst 5.7 drivers on an X800 Pro AGP card.

I think it may be the skin that has the problem as now whenever any file I'm watching ends, the screen displays the two horizontal bars (one at the top and one at the bottom). The bars are the colour of the Blue Two skin and the main portion of the screen is black (the same portion that the file plays in!)

I've temporarily changed back to the skin that came with the MP 0.1.3 release which works better and the problem is gone now.

Any help in getting this fixed would be great. Also is there any way to make the screen less dark while fast forwarding and pausing the files.

GDive

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    GDive,
    One question, the problem was with the BlueTwo widescreen skin correct? (the reason I ask is because this is the mce widescreen skin, just want to make sure i'm checking the correct skin). I'll try to reproduce your error and see if the skin is the problem. Its possible I havent picked up on this before because I use zoomplayer as my default video player.

I've also updated the cvs version of the mce widescreen skin, and uploaded it to the ftp server at midnight US eastern time on Sunday. This skin is extremely beta...every xml page has been altered in some way. Please report any errors found in this thread or pm me, and i'll fix them as soon as i can.

Edit- I've already found an error, the scrollbars in the tvguide page are missing. as soon as i'm done reinstalling the os on my laptop, i'll upload a fix.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom