MCE compatible display plugin (1 Viewer)

RickyManfred

Portal Member
July 31, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Excenlent work guys. I bought an old Scaleo C that i thought would be nice for my daughter to have as a TV/Computer in her room. But never got the display to show anything at all other then in MCE. Now it works... well almost.

I only get the plugin files included in the MCEDisplay_1.2.0_SRC_ScaleoC.zip file to work on my system. So no working volume bar for me, also, chanel number when watching TV doesn't work, only shows "CH-".

I'll test more in a few days.

Edit: hmm, I'm using MP1.1.2 on this computer. Maybe upgrading to 1.2 solves My problems.

Regards
Fredrik

Emmer

Portal Member
August 23, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Gianlk,

Your update works indeed faster, but some functionality is lost. I also added a function that was able to display the track number in the music section. That doesn't work anymore. Also, I think there's something wrong with the pictures section, but I have to double check.

@ RickyManfred, I think you have to make sure MediaPortal is set up to control the master volume of windows. Furthermore, I needed to add the channel number at the beginning of the channel name, to be able to let the display show the channel number. So e.g. the channel name becomes: "1 - BBC". But maybe Gianlk fixed this 'problem'.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

--Emmer

RickyManfred

Portal Member
July 31, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Emmer > You where right about the volume thing, had it set to wave, changed to master and now it works. Another question though, how did you get your remote to work? The reciver doesn't seem to have been identyfied at all. Nothing in device manager and a search with Everest didnt give any more info.

Emmer

Portal Member
August 23, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I didn't make the internal IR receiver work. My scaleo came with a mediacenter remote control, which works fine with mediaportal. Furthermore, I bought a universal IR remote switch chip from SIMEREC Home. It controls my on/off switch of the PC to turn it on (which cannot be done by the mediacenter remote). On this website you can also buy a more complete package for a IR pc on/off switch.

I had to do it this way, because i don't have the siemens remote control. I couldn't even find the right settings on a universal remote control to work with the on-board IR-receiver.

RickyManfred

Portal Member
July 31, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Bought myself another Scaleo C this week, used but with working water cooling, the last one i had to mod with fan cooling. A Scaleo C remote was also included but unfortunately it's broken, crack in the PCB.

But now on this one i installed MP 1.2.1.0. I have tried all different versions of the plugin in this tread but all i can get to work is the volume display on the panel. Also, if i enable General HID device under Remotes it hangs the display totally. A restart is needed to get it to work again. I need General HID to get the front panel buttons to work.

EDIT: OK, now after some tweaking I've got the display to show stuff under Videos and DVD, I don't know about TV yet since I cant connect to my 1.1.3.0 TV-Server with 1.2.1.0.

But under music nothin, except for If i go there from Videos, then it shows the time but with the video symbol.

RickyManfred

Portal Member
July 31, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Scaleo C Plugin

The MCE-compatible plugin is great work but I didnt get it to work the way I wanted with the Scaleo C. So I made my own plugin that connects directly to the com 2 port where the display with it's buttons is internally connected. It's still kind of beta but it works on my system here running under XP MCE with all the latest updates and MP 1.2.1.0, Online Videos and Moving Pictures.

If you want to test it you'll have to disable the MSI System Control Manager software since it locks up the com port.

But keep in mind that this is the first plugin I've written and also the first pice of software in C# also. :D

Attachments

• ScaleoC Plugin.zip
    26.5 KB

a Priest

January 3, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Gianlk, I have an Omaura OLED display that should be MCE compatible (it work with Media Centre), the display is a graphical 256 x 64 pixel display, I cannot get it to work with your plugin. Any ideas - there is no response from the display whatsoever.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
aPriest,
I'm sorry but your display it's not supported by this plugin, you should try the MiniDisplay that is in MP.

Gianlk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom