MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping (1 Viewer)

brena

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Napier, Hawkes Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Country flag
Hi all - I upgraded an older MediaPortal 1 install to the 1.23 release. Am using a Microsoft remote (like pictured in the settings) and a Sonos soundbar. On the old MediaPortal version in the MCE remote settings I simply deleted the remote volume up/down mappings so these button presses were ignored by MediaPortal and only controlled the soundbar volume and not both - all the other buttons control MediaPortal. With the new HID settings I can't seem to find how to remove the volume button mappings now. Can anyone please point me in the right direction or perhaps suggest a better way to use this combo? Many thanks!

Update: disabled the soundbar IR and just using the MP volume controls. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
Replies
Views
I just happened to pass by here. I had the same problem a few years ago on my unsupported OS. (Search the forum for my posts.) Stopped using the MCE remote since my wireless mini-keyboard was more usefull for the other stuff I do with the server, however ... I noticed the "focus problem" was when it came out of standby/screensaver...
I just happened to pass by here. I had the same problem a few years ago on my unsupported OS. (Search the forum for my posts.)...
Hi, I control the Mediaportal with a standard MCE remote control (IR). Often, when I start the Mediaportal 2, the remote control...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 1.23 Key Mapping DE
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result. To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard...
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is...
I recently upgraded from MP 1.14 to MP 1.23. In 1.14 I was using the InputPlugIn to map my remote keys and all was working fine. In...
Replies
Views
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion Remote case. I have pretty much succeeded using IRSS, great! However there is something I would like to know if I could do in a better way. There are some buttons on my remote (e.g.Visualizations, Eject) that...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
Replies
Views
Yes, your Centarea HID.xml but without AutoHotkey running (non-admin account). Then everything works fine, thank goodness.:D
Yes, your Centarea HID.xml but without AutoHotkey running (non-admin account). Then everything works fine, thank goodness.:D
Hi Folks, I've been using MP 1.20 for some time now, all was working well, except for dynamic refresh rate control would sometimes...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom