MCE remote double skipping (1 Viewer)

Stuart475898

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I have Comskip setup on my MP 1.9 client, along with Argus TV. When I press the skip button on my MCE remote it skips two commercials ahead. This has started to happen since I installed Argus.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? I have tried skipping using the keyboard, and it only skips once. I've also attached the logs generated by starting a recording and skipping it.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• DoubleSkip.zip
    9.7 KB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi, I get this on chapters of DVDs. They always skip x 2. I have tried EVERYTHING. It may not be the same thing as your issue, but I'll be interested in what support you get for this in case it relates :) Perhaps if you're interested, see if you get it for DVD chapters too then we may well have the same issue. No idea when it started for me.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I get this on chapters of DVDs. They always skip x 2.
    It is a bit difficult to offer any advice as you have given absolutely no information about the version of MP that you are using, or the identity of your remote control. It might be a good idea to fill in your "System Specifications", and ensure that you keep them up to date when you make changes. :)

As to the cause of your problem:

(1) If you are using an MCE RC6 infra-red remote, check whether debounce processing is enabled in the registry; if it is disabled, enable it. Try this ("enable_debounce.reg"):

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
    "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001
    The hexadecimal string (the part following "\Remotes\") might be different in your case, so you should check that before importing this file into the registry.

(2) If you are using version 11 of MP (or maybe version 10), ensure that only one of "MCE Remote" and "General HID" is enabled.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi, I get this on chapters of DVDs. They always skip x 2.
    It is a bit difficult to offer any advice as you have given absolutely no information about the version of MP that you are using, or the identity of your remote control. It might be a good idea to fill in your "System Specifications", and ensure that you keep them up to date when you make changes. :)

As you may have missed, I said to the OP that I was interested in the support the OP got, and wasn't outright asking for support myself. I saw the OPs post and made a little comment on it, that's all.

As to the cause of your problem:

(1) If you are using an MCE RC6 infra-red remote, check whether debounce processing is enabled in the registry; if it is disabled, enable it. Try this ("enable_debounce.reg"):

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
    "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001
    The hexadecimal string (the part following "\Remotes\") might be different in your case, so you should check that before importing this file into the registry.

(2) If you are using version 11 of MP (or maybe version 10), ensure that only one of "MCE Remote" and "General HID" is enabled.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Many thanks, have never heard of that setting before.

I must admit I did not believe the problem affected everything in MP, but (thinking about it sitting at my work desk away from MP at home) maybe that's because most other actions I use the remote for have no affect if doubled. If it does not resolve my issue I will make a proper 'help me please!' thread with the appropriate information and logs.

EDIT: EnableDebounce is already enabled and only one remote configured. Thanks anyway, I'll go make a different report.

Now back to Stuart475898, sorry for the hijack!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom