MCE Remote + Windows 7, not all buttons working!? (1 Viewer)

V

vomov

This might be classified as necroposting, but I think I have a fix:
On the site of Streacom is an utility which, while it is one of the worst pieces of programming I have ever seen, actually seems to be capable of reprogramming the IR receiver. It crashes, it 'can't find the IR receiver' at times, and is needlessly complicated, but my Streacom remote can now do everything I want it to!
I found it here: #mce_temp_url#, it's called IRRC remote remapping software.

You simply run the utility, click the buttons you want to reprogram, and select an action from the categories on the right. You shouldn't have to bother with the different modes. If you've set it up like you want to, you first save the firmware, and then flash it (it wants to read the firmware from a file). The standard media keys, which the receiver comes preprogrammed with, don't do anything in Mediaportal, but luckily Mediaportal can also respond to simple key-presses, which the utility allows us to attach to button presses on the remote.

Is this a fix for anyone else?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What do people think about maintaining a list of recommended + not recommended remote controls for MePo

I was thinking for not recommended we would have
    Steamcom
    Soundgraph
    Imon

V

vomov

I think someone tried to keep a list, somewhere on the mediaportal wiki (I think 'HTPC hardware'). Unfortunately, it proved much too complicated, especially because configuration differs between users. A single update can break compatibility, and a specific hardware requires specific steps (like the Streacom with its weird utility).

Maybe ... we make a list of the hardware configurations of working HTPC's, with the non-standard steps we needed to take to get it running? For example; I've got a Intel DN2800MT, which required a large amount of cursing and fiddling before it was actually capable of playing SD without stuttering (and now it does 1080p without a hitch). I'd love to save someone else the two friggin' days I spent with this piece of work.

EDIT: frak, I've found the page (it is indeed 'HTPC hardware'), and directly below it is a 'showroom', showing working HTPC's.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not maintaining a list of instructions just a list of IR hardware to avoid as well as recommended IR remotes that work with minimal configuration / adjustment.

V

vomov

Minor update for people using Streacom remotes: I've just heard there's an updated version, which Streacom is hoarding for no apparent reason. This version should improve stability of the utility, and make the media keys work more properly.
    Updated version here: http://goo.gl/dgCkC

tandoni

Portal Member
    August 13, 2010
    Confirmed, your rar files ain't opening dude, either with winrar or 7zip, if they're supposed to, it's got me stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom