MCE Remote + Windows 7, not all buttons working!? (1 Viewer)

JC007

Portal Member
June 24, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I Have a similar problem with my remote. I have been using Media Portal for many years and the remote has always working fine, but suddenly some of the buttons have stopped working. The round buttons (Play Pause, Stop, Forward etc). I think maybe that some file has become corrupt. Can I reinstall MP over the top of the existing one with ruining MOVING PICTURES AND TV SERIES??? Can anyone help?
Thanks
John

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Similar problem was driving me crazy as well. I had XP PRO based MP with original Microsoft MCE remote & receiver. It worked fine. I made a new MP with Windows 7 PRO X64 and suddenly the same remote & receiver would not work correctly. As I noticed that builtin IR receiver with Antec Fusion cases was causing similar trouble I began checking out the hardware in my machine. I have a BlackGold BGT3620 dual tuner card and it seems it has also a IR receiver builtin. It did not come with any remote, so I did not think of it at first. There was no way to disable it from driver level. Here is what I did: I removed the Microsoft receiver. After that I disabled all HID devices (except USB mouse) I could find. One thing I could not disable was the ehome receiver itself (no option for it). After I disabled all HID devices I put the MS receiver back in and remote started working as it should.

I hope this helps some of you.

Markku

Thanks mate, solved it for me. Bloody iMon drivers!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That setting is not available with the Philips choice that gets marked when I auto detect, but switched to the Microsoft one and it sort of helps, but in a weird way.

- i-button seems to work as right-click both inside and outside of Microsoft.
    - Channel up seems to work as page down
    - Channel down seems to work as page up
    - Volume down seems opens context menu (F9).

The rest seems to still be dead.

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That setting is not available with the Philips choice that gets marked when I auto detect, but switched to the Microsoft one and it sort of helps, but in a weird way.

- i-button seems to work as right-click both inside and outside of Microsoft.
    - Channel up seems to work as page down
    - Channel down seems to work as page up
    - Volume down seems opens context menu (F9).

The rest seems to still be dead.
    Ok, did you installed any MCE replacement driver stuff or similar?
    Are the special drivers needed for that remote?
    Is it automatically detected by windows without any additional drivers?

Could you please add all log files as a zip file?
    IR Server Suite log files can be found in the Start Menu under Programs -> IR Server Suite -> Logs. If you use the MCE remote support then there is another log file in your root directory, including that can also help.

Please also start the debug client and press every button on your remote one. This way you can see the code, which is being detected by the plugin.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have not installed any drivers but there are no indication of any issues in the Device Manager. But I borrowed a Microsoft reciever from a friend, and that seemed to work perfectly so it's probably a driver problem and I have contacted Streacom to ask if they have any drivers for it.

I can't seem to get the debug mode to work either. I open Debug client, and connect to "localhost", but when I press a button on the remote nothing happens.

And now it seems I've killed the reciever completely.

:)

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not installed any drivers but there are no indication of any issues in the Device Manager. But I borrowed a Microsoft reciever from a friend, and that seemed to work perfectly so it's probably a driver problem and I have contacted Streacom to ask if they have any drivers for it.

I can't seem to get the debug mode to work either. I open Debug client, and connect to "localhost", but when I press a button on the remote nothing happens.

And now it seems I've killed the reciever completely.
    It does not have to be a driver problem.
    Nevertheless, I can not say what's wrong without log files.

Last edited:

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yeah, I've ordered a new reciever so will have to wait untill that comes.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, recieved my new receiver today, but how do I run the debug client?

What I've done so far:

Open Debug Client
    Connect to localhost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom