MCE Remote + Windows 7, not all buttons working!? (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, but how do I collect them using the debug client?

Now I stated debug client and connected to localhost, opened Mediaportal and started watching TV before I started pressing all the buttons, here are the logs for that:

Attachments

• IR Server Tray.old.zip
      2.9 KB

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, but how do I collect them using the debug client?

Now I stated debug client and connected to localhost, opened Mediaportal and started watching TV before I started pressing all the buttons, here are the logs for that:
    Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy last days.

The debug client is not for collecting the logs, it is simply to see the received command live, without the need to navigate to the logs. It can be used when the receiver itself is working in general and you would like to debug the remote button presses.

I requested the logs, because I wanted to see the receivers, which are enabled on your system.
    These are: Philips MCE USB IR Receiver- Spinel plus & Windows Messages
    Could you please
    1. open the IRSS configuration
    2. disable the Philips MCE USB IR Receiver and
    3. enable the Microsoft MCE Transceiver?
    4. Stop IRService and Restart IRService
    5. Open the Debug Client and pressing some buttons again?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    No worries, I'm just gratefull that you're helping me out :)

Did the steps you lited and here are the results:

Attachments

• Debug Client.zip
      3.6 KB

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have the same remote and the same problem. It´s like none of the keypresses are detected by irss, but they have an effect in Win7. The teletext buttons and the color-buttons have minimizes all windows, creates new tabs in Opera, and so forth. The blue button makes the arrowkeys on the remote control the mouse cursor, and the red make them controll direction again. The Green Windows-button started WMC, but as I have disabled that it just makes the PC think for a very short while.

Here are my logs, and as far as I can see there´s not much to see. But there are many who have this remote working, isn´t it?

Attachments

• Debug Client.zip
      5.6 KB

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry if this is already clear but i thought it was worth pointing out due to the title of the thread. This is no longer about the Philips remote and is now about the bundled Streacom remote. It seems that either the receiver or remote is not fully mce compatible/certfied, or whatever the right word is, hence the issues.
    I have this remote too. I have actually ordered a new remote and cir receiver but am happy to help with any testing in the meantime.
    Some comments:
    Event ghost recognised the device as a speedlink sl 6399. But not all the buttons created an event and I didn't know what to do/couldn't be ars#d beyond that.
    Girder said it was a keyboard input device, and again recognised a lot of buttons but it was not consistent.
    The keyboard input plugin allowed me to do a few buttons and recognised some key combinations but again not all of them.
    Irss seems to detect the device as the Philips spinel plugin, but from what I can see zero buttons work with that profile (and same with mce).
    I do not know what all that means but I am happy to help with any testing if it will help others, since I have one of them. I suspect it'll just make me glad I've ordered another one! (in which case I will gladly send it to someone who knows what they are doing if they want to help others with a standard solution)
    Ben

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there any progress on this issue? If someone needs a receiver+remote to fix it just let me know where to paypal the money.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Nothing on bundled. But I have another problem now having replaced the streacom remote which is that I'm getting a bsod trying to install the irss plugin on top of the standard asrock cir driver (both ok without the other, and all it means is I can't power off to s5 from my harmony, everything else works ok).
    However, given you are willing to pay for another one, If you have a cir header and not an asrock board, maybe just order a cir remote?
    If you don't, get a usb one. If it says fully rc6 mce compatible it should work in theory. Or you can tear apart a USB one and install it internally too. Or try the internal USB one plus a mounting bracket from AEOne on this forum. I think it may be the same brand as the cir one I ordered, which I think is the inteset receiver, which takes a couple of weeks to arrive from the us if ordered directly.
    http://www.cohaus-berlin.de

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd rather give the developers a chance to fix this so that a bunch of people won't have to do workarounds like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom