Tools and other software Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor. (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it possible to mux atsc subtitles into the mkv file using Media-Buddy?
    As I never had my hands on ATSC streams or subtitle tracks I wasn't able to implement this feature. ATSC is not available in Europe...
    Can you send me some atsc subtitle tracks or even complete recordings with subtitle tracks somehow? Then I'll have a look if this can be implemented. No promises but I will have a look if this can be done...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is 5 minutes sufficient? I can make one longer if you need. There are two files here... one is shorter but has more types of subtitles (other language I think, plus 2 different formats of subtitles). The one I uploaded just now is the 5 minute one, it only has the two format types. Mediaportal – Google Drive

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    5 minutes should be long enough, thanks.
    I will have a look but can't tell you when it is possible to include this feature as the next version of Media-Buddy will include many new features that aren't close enough to be released... At the moment I can't compile a releasable version as some parts are simply not ready and working. E.g. a lot of new settings are visible in GUI but they didn't have any effect up to now. If I would release a version now I first need to revert the work from many weeks to get everything working that is visible...
    Media-Buddy 1.0 should be a huge step ahead of MKV-Buddy2 so we would like to include many new things...

I will include ATSC subtitle support as long as it is possible at all into the next version, promised...
    Please leave the test files online for some hours or so as my internet is terribly slow and I don't know if I'm finished with download sooner.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    No worries, I can still have subrip versions to fall back on. I'm really liking using your program now that I have sort of found my way around in it. It really does make things a lot easier for maintaining a media library.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Got manged to download the files faster than thought so you can remove them from your Google Drive, thanks.
    Sadly I have not too good news. Similar to DVB subtitles the ATSC subtitles are not supported by the mkv specs so mkvmerge is not able to merge them into a .mkv file. To make use of ATSC/DVB subtitles you first need to convert them into a "normal" subtitle format like srt. For now I don't know if there is a free tool available to do so. This will need more time and research and I can't tell you if and when this will be done. But I will keep an eye on this as it would be another unique feature in Media-Buddy...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    To make use of ATSC/DVB subtitles you first need to convert them into a "normal" subtitle format like srt. For now I don't know if there is a free tool available to do so.
    I have been using ccextractor for the past few years. CCExtractor's home page [CCExtractor's home page] It's free and it's still being developed even though it started out as a google summer of code project. It supposedy does dvb and teletext. It also has an ocr reader that can read burned in subtitles.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    After a longer time we now have released another pre- release version, V0.9.5.34. Link ist in first posting.
    We've fixed countless issues and improved many things.

The main change is, now hardware supported transcoding is available for AMD, NVidia and Intel GPU. You need to select the used hardware in settings, no longer where to choose the codec itself. As the new engine only supports CQ (constant quality) and no longer CB (constant bitrate) you need to set a CQ value in "Transcoding Videos". Useful values are between 15 and 30 where 15 generates very big files and 30 very tiny files... What you may use here depends on your taste and on the content of the video. Anime and similar don't need a high quality setting as there are very little details. Movies with many landscape scenes on the other side can use a properly high quality because of the many, many details such scenes have...

In the Wizards you still need to set a bitrate as border between files to be remuxed or transcoded.
    As we can't read the CQ value from a video file, only the (average) bitrate you need to set a bitrate here...

The default installation folder has changed from "C:\Program Files\Media-Buddy" to "C:\Media-Buddy" but the path can be changed during installation for sure... You best un-install any previous Media-Buddy versions and start from scratch. There are many changes under the hood, so it is wise to clean up your "old" installation before using the new version.

Some parts of the Audio features are grey'ed out as they are not jet reliable. We're still working heavily on the audio part. As this is something where is nothing we can use as basis like on all the other parts this simply will take it's time.

As I only can test the transcoding with Intel Quick Sync but not with AMD's AMF or NVidia's NVenc I really would appreciate any reports, no matter if it is working or not... Here on my Intel system things are much faster than before but as I don't have AMD or NVidia GPU I only can test QS...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There again is a new version V0.9.5.37.
    Aside some further bugfixes even a new feature is available. You now can select Opus as audio format. Opus is a modern and widely supported format. It gains more space than MP3 but delivers much better quality...
    Aside this, the homepage has moved. Now it should be faster a lot and you don't need to use any mirror anymore... So update your links as on the first post..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another new pre-release version, V0.9.5.43
    Aside many fixes there are new features too. First you now also can use the Opus audio codec for videos. And there is an option to automatically launch the correction window after using a wizard or one of the metadata grabber modules. This will save some more mouse clicks while using Media-Buddy.

It would be great if someone with AMD or NVidia graphics can do a little transcoding to see if hardware accelerated transcoding is working now. I can't test it as I don't have AMD or NVidia GPU, only Intel. And Intel QuickSync is working for sure... A simple, "working" or "not working" is enough, thanks.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi @Lehmden I found you had a new version of MB on your website. Thank you for updating, I was having problems with several series on TheTVDB and version 9.8.149 seems to have fixed them. One thing I noticed though, when MB creates the folder for the series, it uses the word Staffel instead of the english word Season when it creates the series Season folder. The older version of MB did this also but I was able to fix it in the language file. That fix doesn't work in this version for some reason. Thanks again for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom